• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Smiderman
    • Mar 2013
    • Brisbane

NP glove box won't open

Guys need some help to open the top glove box on an NP Pajero working one day won't open the next ... No it's not key locked ! Nor does the key unlock it
    • Jan 2010
    • Perth

heaps on the forum about this just got to have a look
    NX 2016 GLS, Graphite, Nudge Bar, Pirelli Scorpion Plus.

Comment

• Smiderman
      • Mar 2013
      • Brisbane

I have read a few posts and would seem most success has been achieved with drilling the lock or cutting the "u" shaped lock bracket..either way resulting in some degree of damage. Thanks hinsch for your insite mate, you inspired me to rely on my own ingenuity to get a solution.

Anyway un deterred I bent a bit of coat hanger wire and flattened the end to resemble flat blade screw driver then bent the end bit 90 degrees and then prized the door ajar and wedged something in it to keep it open, then pushed the wire in til it was in position to push the tongue on the latch down, happy days!,! .. Then pulled the latch apart and hit it with Teflon Grease ..hopefully no more issues.

In retrospect a squirt of crc or similar probably would have done the trick given it appears that the mechanism was simple binding on itself. But no guarantee the spray would reach the spot but using the small tube in the spray nozzle but might be enough to reach its g spot
      Last edited by Smiderman; 20-11-15, 10:16 PM.

Comment

• m_and_m
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2010
        • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by Smiderman View Post
        I have read a few posts and would seem most success has been achieved with drilling the lock or cutting the "u" shaped lock bracket..either way resulting in some degree of damage. Thanks hinsch for your insite mate, you inspired me to rely on my own ingenuity to get a solution.

Anyway un deterred I bent a bit of coat hanger wire and flattened the end to resemble flat blade screw driver then bent the end bit 90 degrees and then prized the door ajar and wedged something in it to keep it open, then pushed the wire in til it was in position to push the tongue on the latch down, happy days!,! .. Then pulled the latch apart and hit it with Teflon Grease ..hopefully no more issues.

In retrospect a squirt of crc or similar probably would have done the trick given it appears that the mechanism was simple binding on itself. But no guarantee the spray would reach the spot but using the small tube in the spray nozzle but might be enough to reach its g spot
        I thought the same, but ended up getting a brand new mechanism. Was about $48 from memory.
        2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
        2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
        Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• psproule
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Googong, NSW

Guys, There is actually a lock mechanisim (as in using a key) behind the plastic between the latch buttons that you squeeze to open. Over time the lock seems to turn itself around until it is in the lock position. You simply drill a key sized hole in the centre through the plastic, insert a key and unlock it. It you keep the hole neat it does not look out of place.

Pat
          2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
          2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

• Ricstar
            • Mar 2008
            • Brisbane

Can be found here:

2nd bottom of page.

Detailed pics and instructions. Very easy without doing any damage.
            03 NP Exceed 3.5 Auto - LPG Inj, Tinting, 2.5t tow, Piranha / Remco dual battery setup, Maxxis 771 265/70/R16 - LT, GME 3420 UHF, 2" lift Kings and Bilstien?s, Engel 40L, Custom rear shelf, one wife, one child, Jayco Swift, no boat, And a Toy Poodle who prefers to ride in the Paj over the Commodore (My Mitsubishi Puppy).
            Xmas list, Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Smartbar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X