Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

All doors other than driver's won't unlock, remote has no effect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dgrev
    • Sep 2010
    • Broken Hill

All doors other than driver's won't unlock, remote has no effect.

Hello all.

Problem as above. Car was fine at lunch time today, drove home, used remote to lock car.

Went to get in it this arvo and key remote would not work (near new battery), went and got other one, no effect either.

In the end unlocked driver's door using key in key lock.

Car starts and drives and no alarm, BUT I did lock it and set alarm using key remote, so that is really weird. Does not appear to be inhibited in any way.

However, the LHR door ajar light is on, as are interior lights.

But the door is fully closed and no evidence of anything stuck in door.

None of the doors, including back door will open, handles are floppy ie, disengaged from their mechanisms.

Door ajar chime sounds below 10km/h.

Ideas/solutions please?

Thanks
    Doug
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Probably the LHR door light switch.

If it still looks OK, it may be out of adjustment.

Close all doors except LHR, hold your thumb on the LHR door switch to press it in, then try to operate the remote lock or try putting a few layers of tape or a thin bit of plastic, etc., on the place where the switch contacts the door.

If still no good, it may be the wiring to that switch.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Two Emms
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2020
      • Mansfield, Vic

Sounds like a faulty door switch on left hand rear door. Can you open it from inside?
      2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• dgrev
        • Sep 2010
        • Broken Hill

Door will not open from either inside or outside (none of them will except driver's door).

Can't get to door switch with door closed.

Can't take lining off door with door closed to trip the lock mechanism to open the door.

What do I do???

Comment

• Two Emms
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2020
          • Mansfield, Vic

Hmmm..

Excuse me asking, I don't want to state the obvious but often it's worth starting with the very basics. Is the rear left door properly shut? Would be worth double checking.

Not sure of whether the passenger doors can be unlocked with the remote if the key has been used to unlock the drivers door. You may need to lock it again before trying the remote.

Probably worth popping the bonnet before trying to lock the vehicle as I reckon disconnecting the battery to reset things may be suggested by someone here.
          2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Toyo Open Country AT3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, Tanami x11, more to come...

Comment

• dgrev
            • Sep 2010
            • Broken Hill

Yes, left rear door is correctly closed.

Remote has no effect at all, car ignores it.

Battery Will disconnect and give it a rest for 10 minutes. Not over optimistic but
            will do it just in case it has a reset effect on body computer and it "forgets" that rear door is in never-never-land.

Opening the door, is the essential move to get to its electrics and solve the problem.

Thanks!

Comment

• Two Emms
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2020
              • Mansfield, Vic

Good luck with it. I'm afraid I don't have much more to offer other than that there is definitely a problem with the rear left door switch.

If you can get it open, don't lock it until the switch is sorted.

Comment

• dgrev
                • Sep 2010
                • Broken Hill

Two-emms

Thanks.

Advice appreciated.

Looks like it will be a first thing in the morning job in case I have to leave it unlocked.

Regards
                Doug

Comment

• Two Emms
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2020
                  • Mansfield, Vic

Hope you get it sorted without too much trouble.

Mike

Comment

• spot01
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Adelaide

This is certainly a weird one.

If the other doors won't open from inside or outside, they have been locked by the central system. Will they unlock using the manual inside lock button by each door handle?

If, at the same time, the LHR door open dash light is on, then I think that door switch or it's wiring is implicated. Did you try my tape suggestion to put more pressure on the switch? Try wriggling the wiring between the door & door farme. If a door switch is open, the remote lock will not work (by design), so I do think this is the issue. Is that warning light on all the time? Does the window in that door work? You may end up needing to have a look at the connectors inside that door?

The battery reset as mentioned is worth a try. Also check the hazard lights work. Also note the system has a anti-overheat safety function to prevent the locks operating if they get too hot, so after several operation cycles they may stop working for a short while, so pause for a couple of minutes after a few attempts.

You are not located close to any high voltage power lines (overhead or underground) by any chance? I had a rental car parked above an underground HT power cable & the central locking wouldn't work until I moved it away. Hold the remote near the centre of the windscreen when trying to operate, as the sensor is near there, in case it's battery is weak.
                    Last edited by spot01; 30-07-20, 10:07 AM.
                    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

My NT has a manual lock/unlock mechanism next to the handle inside. Does your NW not have one, or is it not working?

Edit: child proof lock, I presume.

Master lock / unlock switch on the driver's door?
                      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• dgrev
                        • Sep 2010
                        • Broken Hill

Spot01

Can't do the tape until I can get the door open.

Will go and try the manual interior button as soon as I finish answering this.

LHR warning light is on all the time, door ajar chime goes constantly if the vehicle is moving and speed does not exceed around 15km/h.

There is HV power line 30m from car (22kv), but has never been a problem in the past.

I will update once I have been able to work on the car and tried your suggestions later this morning.

Thanks.
                        Doug

Comment

• dgrev
                          • Sep 2010
                          • Broken Hill

Spot01

Success!

It was the manual locking button on the door.

Before doing anything and cycling it, I had a close look at it and could see it was between 1 and 2mm slightly off its forward stop.

I gave one of my daughter's school friends a ride home a couple of days ago. I suspect that when she has opened the door from the inside she may have nudged that button ever so slightly. Then with use of the car it has rattle just that little bit more and gone into electrical never-never land.

Door ajar light is now off, remote central locking again works.

Easy fix and many thanks for your help.

Another fact for us to enter into the Pajero weird behaviour file. - Don't bump the lock buttons!

Regards
                          Doug

Comment

• spot01
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • Adelaide

Great when its something simple - happy days!
                            Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Two Emms
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2020
                              • Mansfield, Vic

Gotta love a simple fix.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X