Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Brisbane dealers who won't complain about new bashplates (Brisbane)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dion
    Valued Member
    • May 2010
    • Brisbane

Brisbane dealers who won't complain about new bashplates (Brisbane)

So I've got the bush skinz plates and the Paj needs a dealer service.

Anyone recommend a Brisbane dealer that will not complain about having to deal with the aftermarket plates when it comes to a service? I've been recommended Eagers Newstead ...
    2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Originally posted by Dion View Post
    Anyone recommend a Brisbane dealer that will not complain about having to deal with the aftermarket plates when it comes to a service?
    You're joking aren't you?

Shane.
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• JoshF
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Brisbane

You probably have a bigger concern on how they take them off and put them back on again.

I use Motorcare for my servicing and they are willing to hammer out the dents and bows in my bushskins including welding on new nuts and drilling out bent and broken bolts.

You pay of course but they are happy to do so and are experienced in the bash plates as a number from the forum also use Richard for service and update work who turn up with well used bash guards
      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• Dion
        Valued Member
        • May 2010
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
        You're joking aren't you?

Shane.
        ?

At worst, I will just remove them myself before taking it for a service.
        2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• Kemsley
          • Apr 2008
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by joshf View Post
          you probably have a bigger concern on how they take them off and put them back on again.

I use motorcare for my servicing and they are willing to hammer out the dents and bows in my bushskins including welding on new nuts and drilling out bent and broken bolts.

You pay of course but they are happy to do so and are experienced in the bash plates as a number from the forum also use richard for service and update work who turn up with well used bash guards
          I used to have a NS X DiD Shorty
          Now I drive a VW Amarok

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

?

At worst, I will just remove them myself before taking it for a service.
            That was my original thought too, but I couldn't believe it was an issue. So I guess you're not joking then......That's pretty soft....

Shane.
            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• CeeJay
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2008
              • Samford, QLD

Originally posted by Kemsley View Post
              x3

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• CeeJay
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2008
                • Samford, QLD

Originally posted by CeeJay View Post
                x3
                Having said that I have also had it serviced at Eagers Newstead with no worries about the bashplates.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• Dion
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2010
                  • Brisbane

That was my original thought too, but I couldn't believe it was an issue. So I guess you're not joking then......That's pretty soft....

Shane.
                  It's not an issue. It was just a simple question.

Obviously it is easier if I do not have to remove the bashguards before my wife takes it in for service, and thus not have to explain why the Pajero has no guards, isn't it.

Comment

• Dion
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2010
                    • Brisbane

Having said that I have also had it serviced at Eagers Newstead with no worries about the bashplates.
                    Thanks.

Comment

• JoshF
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • Brisbane

My front 2 plates have been on pretty much since Kieron first made them, I am pretty sure my 15K service was done at Mitsu Toowong with the intercooler and sump guards installed, no complaints from the service team nor did they strip the bolts/nuts with a rattle gun
                      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• sharkcaver
                        • May 2009
                        • Perth

It's not an issue. It was just a simple question.

Obviously it is easier if I do not have to remove the bashguards before my wife takes it in for service, and thus not have to explain why the Pajero has no guards, isn't it.
                        Sorry Dion, I agree with your second statement, yep its far easier and I understand your sentiment. In regards to your first as above, I wasn't making an issue of it, but was wondering if it was an issue with dealers up your way, hence my "your joking" statement. I'm speechless if this is the case. It was a question from me, not a comment.

Shane.

My Journeys

Comment

• Dion
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2010
                          • Brisbane

Sorry Dion, I agree with your second statement, yep its far easier and I understand your sentiment. In regards to your first as above, I wasn't making an issue of it, but was wondering if it was an issue with dealers up your way, hence my "your joking" statement. I'm speechless if this is the case. It was a question from me, not a comment.

Shane.
                          Ah okay, got the background. Sorry, took it a different way.

I have had issues in the past where dealers/mechanics have taken exception to aftermarket equipment fitted to 4WDs.

Comment

• Pearcie
                            BushSkinz 4x4
                            • Nov 2007
                            • Wattagans

If they complain just tell them to man up as they have to remove the factory guards anyway so there isn't actually any more work then is quoted for in the log book. Some Pajero's come with a flimsy transmission guard from the factory so the only extra guard is the transfer case guard but that doesn't need to move until they change the oil etc every 45k. With that being said though the dealers and larger workshops usually don't care at all.

Cheers,
                            Kieron
                            2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
                            Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

I know it doesn't help you, but I had our Paj serviced by the local Canberra Mitsu dealer, they all commented on how good the bushskinz looked, they congratulated me on having proper protection for 4wd'ing, and wanted to know where to buy them.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X