• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clem
    • Mar 2009
    • Lawnton, QLD

Aftermarket Reverse camera replacement

G'day fellows, my current cmera on my 2011 Platinum Pajero lacks on definition ( no much detail)?? being a 2011 model I wouldn't be surprised is not HD so I hope changing it I maybe lucky.
    After taking the old camera I know it is a 6V system and has 5 cables (not sure why) but the new camera has only 4
    cables: Positive 6V, negative, then video with signal and I guess a negative.
    Would anybody who has done before be able to give me some tips please??? Thanks Clem
    "LOVE MY CAR"
  • Keithyv
    Valued Member
    • May 2018
    • Perth

Didn't we see this same question a few weeks back?

looks like Pink-Black wire is not connected

11 & 12 is power, just measure which one is + and - with a multimeter

Video shield is 4, signal on 1
    2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
    MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Clem
      • Mar 2009
      • Lawnton, QLD

Reverse camera

Yes, I was here 3 weeks ago but I had to put things on hold due to surgery. I would like to connect the new camera in to the existing cabling at the back of th car. Like i said the current camera has 5 cables but the new one has only 4. I think I need to upload photos to be able to explain better. I will do this tomorrow morning Thanks Clem
      "LOVE MY CAR"

Comment

• Keithyv
        Valued Member
        • May 2018
        • Perth

Easy then. 4 wires in use in the car and 4 on the new camera.

Car side should be:

Power: Pink and Black-Yellow (check with multimeter the polarity when car is in reverse)

Video: signal (Centre conductor of coax cable or pin on RCA connector) goes to white of the car. Shield / Earth (outside of coax or plug) goes to Brown
        2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
        MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• geopaj
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Adelaide

Can you please send me a link to where you found an aftermarket camera that runs on 6v (I haven’t been able to find one)
          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• paceman
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2018
            • Mackay

Originally posted by geopaj View Post
            Can you please send me a link to where you found an aftermarket camera that runs on 6v (I haven’t been able to find one)
            +1...

i'm wondering if there is some confusion here?
            Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• Clem
              • Mar 2009
              • Lawnton, QLD

Originally posted by keithyv View Post
              easy then. 4 wires in use in the car and 4 on the new camera.

Car side should be:

Power: Pink and black-yellow (check with multimeter the polarity when car is in reverse)

video: Signal (centre conductor of coax cable or pin on rca connector) goes to white of the car. Shield / earth (outside of coax or plug) goes to brown
              like i've said before i am using the existing connection at the rear of vehicle. Just uploaded some images that may provide further information and like i said it should only be 4 cables and i have 5 of them. Thanks clem
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Clem; 13-03-20, 08:19 PM. Reason: MORE IMAGES
              "LOVE MY CAR"

Comment

• paceman
                Valued Member
                • Feb 2018
                • Mackay

Originally posted by Clem View Post
                like i've said before i am using the existing connection at the rear of vehicle. Just uploaded some images that may provide further information and like i said it should only be 4 cables and i have 5 of them. Thanks clem

Thanks for the pics... but what about your new camera? Is it a 6v camera?

If so, got a link?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• Clem
                  • Mar 2009
                  • Lawnton, QLD

6V Reverse camera

bought it at AliExpress, being honest with you I still waiting for it (corona virus) I guess. This is the link
                  "LOVE MY CAR"

Comment

• Clem
                    • Mar 2009
                    • Lawnton, QLD

Cabling

[QUOTE=paceman;628424]Thanks for the pics... but what about your new camera? Is it a 6v camera?

If so, got a link?

I will attache another image showing my findings. I still wonder why 5 cables?
                    Attached Files
                    "LOVE MY CAR"

Comment

• Scooby
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • Ipswich, Qld.

the 2 earths are one for the camera and one for the shielding.
                      Attached Files
                      Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• Scooby
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2011
                        • Ipswich, Qld.

Sorry about the fuzzy picture, found the wiring diagram in the service manual on the ru site.
                        Links on here somewhere.
                        Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

• Clem
                          • Mar 2009
                          • Lawnton, QLD

Originally posted by Scooby View Post
                          the 2 earths are one for the camera and one for the shielding.
                          I understand now why the 2 earths, the problem is the original camera has prevision for this " shielding " but the new camera has only 2 cables ( that I can see ) on the Video plug. So at this point I may have to wait till receiving the new camera ( which still hasn't arrived) to see if still works without that earth. Any thoughts about this?
                          "LOVE MY CAR"

Comment

• OldEmmGee
                            • Jan 2016
                            • Adelaide

The screen earth needs to be connected at one end only. Basically connect and check - if image clean don't worry; if fuzzy disconnect screen at one end and re-check.
                            2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X