• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorchopper
    • Jan 2018
    • dublin

intermittent grey smoke out exhaust

Hi guys, I have a intermittent problem with my 2013 pajero swb auto. Every couple of weeks or more it starts pushing out grey stinky smoke out the exhaust. It's never happened to me just the other half so I can only describe it as she does. There doesn't seem to be a pattern when it happens. It happened today, it was parked up for about 4 hours then on her way home from work, normal city driving it started smoking, its so much that other motorists flash lights and beep horns. I'm trying to get her to video it but it never happens in a spot where she can pull over, and when she can its finished. Any ideas?
  • Seigried
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2016
    • brisbane

Dpf regen?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• Pwoffey
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2013
      • Adelaide

If it's an NW it shouldn't have a DPF (unless the SWB was different to the LWB??)
      BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• doctorchopper
        • Jan 2018
        • dublin

Originally posted by Seigried View Post
        Dpf regen?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
        I was thinking that too

Comment

• doctorchopper
          • Jan 2018
          • dublin

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
          If it's an NW it shouldn't have a DPF (unless the SWB was different to the LWB??)
          I think it does have a dpf as there is a warning symbol comes on for a self test during start up

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011
            • Adelaide, South Australia.

From the online Service Manaul.

When the engine oil level or the amount of accumulated PM within the DPF exceeds the specified value, the DPF lamp is lit or blinked. When the vehicle is brought into the shop with the DPF lamp blinked, service the vehicle in accordance with the following procedures.

So your smoke could also be high oil level due to oil dilution.

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• aussieintas
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2013
              • Sorell, Tasmania

The OP is in Dublin and pretty sure the Pajeros over there continued with DPF even after NT due to the Euro 5 emission standards. No difference between lwb and swb.
              2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
              88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
              92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
              92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
              99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
              95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
              08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• doctorchopper
                • Jan 2018
                • dublin

Just a couple more things to add, I just chec ked oil level, it was a little low, just over min, so topped it up. Pajero has 70000 km's on it, i've only had it 6 months. It may be time to clean the intake manifold? Also the dpf light does not come on or flic ker, it only does the self test during power up

Comment

• Pwoffey
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by aussieintas View Post
                  The OP is in Dublin and pretty sure the Pajeros over there continued with DPF even after NT due to the Euro 5 emission standards. No difference between lwb and swb.
                  I assumed Dublin in South Australia, about 60 km north of Adelaide . I mean, there's even a leprechaun on the town sign, so it's just so easy to confuse the two.
                  BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front and 88 rear shocks with KIngs 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Kaon cargo barrier, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

Fair call, but I went with Dublin Ireland as he has a 2013 SWB. Over there they still sell them in SWB.
                    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• doctorchopper
                      • Jan 2018
                      • dublin