• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big.Gini
    • Feb 2018
    • Mackay

Temp gauge issue

Hi guys, having trouble with my temp gauge. It won't move until I'm in let's say a drive thru. After idling for awhile it will sky rocket to the top. Once I'm on the move again it will 180 and shoot all the way back to the bottom. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? I have an NP 04 3.8l exceed.
  • dean
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007

Yeh mate a common problem even though it hasn't been mentioned for many years. Mine went in 2008 and I had to get a new gauge cluster...cost quite a bit and the speedo had to be reset.
    But I'm pretty sure any gauge type repairer knows how to fix them now. When mine went know one had a clue, may have been one of the early ones mentioned here.
    The search function here is near useless but have a go and see if you can find it.
    Do a google and i'm sure you'll find the fix and if your handy you'll be able to do it yourself.
    Dean
    NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• Lance
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Melbourne

The useless search engine here found these pretty easily......

Should help Gini sort it out
      2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
      2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• swampy 6863
        • Nov 2012
        • parkes

Hey mate, mine was doing exactly the same a couple of years back so I installed a Engine Guard gauge with the twin sensors on it, one for the engine temperature and one for the transmission temperature. Best thing I ever done so now I don’t even look at the factory gauge.
        Cheers

Comment

• Bill Coddy
          • Oct 2019
          • Frankston

Originally posted by Big.Gini View Post
          Hi guys, having trouble with my temp gauge. It won't move until I'm in let's say a drive thru. After idling for awhile it will sky rocket to the top. Once I'm on the move again it will 180 and shoot all the way back to the bottom. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? I have an NP 04 3.8l exceed.

With my NM it was the fuel gauge that was playing up. It turned out to be dry solder. Take it to a place that can repair gauges. Not cheap. I got caught I bought a gauge from the wreckers that was also faulty.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X