• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Puppa
    • Jul 2019
    • Melbourne

New to the Paj World

Hey all,

So just recently picked up this old girl. 1999 Pajero Exceed with 81,000km and is in tip top shape. I've done a tint on it the in the last fortnight and updated the head unit so I can have some bluetooth but other than that doesn't need much. Probably look in the future to do a lift and some bigger tyres on it but other than that not much else.

Gave the rig a good once over on the weekend too just with some paint correction and a proper detail, but still could do with a little which I will do once the weather gets a bit better. Well enough talking here are some pics and looking forward to getting through the forum to learn more about the car.
    Attached Files
  • aussieintas
    Valued Member
    • Feb 2013
    • Sorell, Tasmania

Welcome and nice looking NL bud.
    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Hatto
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Mandurah WA

What a lovely looking specimen, and with such low km too. Great find. That's under half the km I've got on mine and its 2012!
      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Puppa View Post
        Hey all,

So just recently picked up this old girl. 1999 Pajero Exceed with 81,000km and is in tip top shape. I've done a tint on it the in the last fortnight and updated the head unit so I can have some bluetooth but other than that doesn't need much. Probably look in the future to do a lift and some bigger tyres on it but other than that not much else.

Gave the rig a good once over on the weekend too just with some paint correction and a proper detail, but still could do with a little which I will do once the weather gets a bit better. Well enough talking here are some pics and looking forward to getting through the forum to learn more about the car.
        Awesome find! Well done!

Mitsubishi certainly had the Pajero well sorted by the time that was built, and I think that model was one of the best looking, too.

I expect its off-road performance will still measure up by today's standards - if you take the old girl out and get her dirty I expect she will surprise more than a few. Does that one have the rear diff lock, or LSD? Not that I think there's much between the two in performance.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• 98NL GL
          • Oct 2011
          • Cairns

Welcome,

Definitely a nice find and exceed model too. Love this shape and its best of the NL series.
          XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
          1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
          1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
          2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

• gemster
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2012
            • Gold Coast

Welcome to the NL 'Club'...... Nice score there...
            Just a thought on your future Lift....You can't raise the Wide-bodies much higher than 50mm before you need to make other changes as well... The Auto NL's came from MM with a 40mm lift already done to accommodate the large Auto that they fitted...
            You can do a 'Body Lift' if you feel the need to with-out too many issues.... Bigger Tyres will also mean Bigger fuel Bill... They can be thirsty at times..
            I have had mine in places that I have never had the need to have a higher lift... But other travellers with me have...

Gemster...
            Last edited by gemster; 09-09-19, 05:42 PM.
            YES. ITS A MITZY . 97 NL 3.5 GLS AUTO (Formally owned by geopaj)__ Snorkel ,2 Uniden Uhfs , Roof Console, 2"lift, TT Suspension, Dual bat, Redarc System, BFG KO2's All Terrains, 55L sub tank, Pioneer sound, Milford cargo barrier, Extractors, SS exhaust, Rear camp light, Free Wheel Hubs, Improved Rear Storage unit, Alarm, Led interior lamps...
            And a 1999 NL LWB... Called 'Project Covid".. Stock Standard.
            ..Both with No Airbags. We die like real Men

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X