• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Review - KORR 90W LED Spot Driving Lights

Since the fitment of the LED Light bar the time had come for me to upgrade the Driving lights to HIDs & due to the lack of room Jenene, Creighton's TJM Traralgon, suggested I had a look at the Korr LEDs which are a 90Watt Euro beam..
    Having a look I was impressed with the quality & specs so after making the wallet lighter on they went..

In the pic the light bar looks like its blocked a little & will shadow, It doesn't.

Oh & that's not a leak under my Paj either

After installation we fired them up & were all blinded at 8000 Lumens these things are unreal.. Tonight I was going to whack them on in the drive & take a few pics but it lit the house up across the street like daylight so decided to wait & take a few another night.. (can't upset the wife's hairdresser can I).

Good timing too as I have to pick my daughter, son In-law & grandson up from Tulla tomorrow night, they arrive at 11pm so will be a good chance to see how they go on the way home..

Creighton's even aligned with their machine so I want have to fiddle around adjusting them on the way which is a bonus..

These lights like HIDs aren't cheap $449 @ however Korr have them at $299@ which is a 33% discount & If your interested remember as a Forum Member Creighton's TJM in Traralgon offer a discount on top of that, which will also INCLUDE FREIGHT, but you'll need to ring Jenene, (must give user-name), or PM myself & I'll get back with a price..
    I'll post up some pics showing Korr LED lights on with & without light bar as soon as I can & let you all know how they perform

These lights come with a 2 Year Warranty which you activate online after purchase

Gus.

PS. Prices quoted are subject to Korr offering the 33% Discount & will remain in effect till that changes.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Driving back from Tulla last night gave me a great chance to give these lights a good test.. Like others have found with similar lights it makes you wonder why you hadn't gone with them earlier.. To say I was impressed is an understatement & only pics will tell the story so stay tuned during the week I'll sneak out the back, (large Park), & take those pics..

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Scouter1
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2013
      • Sydney NSW

Sounds good Gus, looking forward to seeing some pics.

Cheers,
      Stephen
      2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Gus
        Administrator
        • Mar 2008
        • Traralgon. Vic

Low Beam:

High Beam:

H/Beam & 60w LED Light Bar:

H/Beam, 60 w L/Bar & 90w LED Korr Spot Lights:

H/Beam, LED & Korr 90W LED Spot Lights:

Sorry not great Pics but you get the idea on road I can say without doubt its by far the best lights I've ever had..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• MSF
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2009
          • Sydney, Northern Beaches

I have a pair of these in the Flood pattern..

They are bloody heavy, but a 'brilliant' light (pun intended)

Comment

• Gus
            Administrator
            • Mar 2008
            • Traralgon. Vic

Loading the pics last night on packing the Camera away I discovered I'd used the Telephoto EFS 55-250mm Lens so tonight I'll take them from the same spot using the 18-55mm lens looking at the pics now that fence is a lot further away..

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Scouter1
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2013
              • Sydney NSW

Originally posted by Gus View Post
              Loading the pics last night on packing the Camera away I discovered I'd used the Telephoto EFS 55-250mm Lens so tonight I'll take them from the same spot using the 18-55mm lens looking at the pics now that fence is a lot further away..

Gus.
              Thanks for the photos Gus, they certainly appear to pack a punch. Wide angle photos might give a better idea of the throw of the lights.

Cheers,
              Stephen
              2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Gus
                Administrator
                • Mar 2008
                • Traralgon. Vic

See what I can do tonight

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Poita
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • Adelaide

That's a damn good price... Pity I don't have anything to mount them on!
                  NW VRX MY2013
                  Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Gus
                    Administrator
                    • Mar 2008
                    • Traralgon. Vic

18-55mm Lens

Gives an idea of distance using the 18-55mm:

H/Beam & L/Bar:

H/Beam & Korr LED 90W:

Give you an Idea spread just H/Beam & Korr LEDs:

Again this time with 60W L/Bar as well:

Not real happy with any of the Pics they really don't show just how good these Korr LEDs are.. Have to have a play with the camera, bit of a hack photographer & normally have it in Auto mode which was no good as the flash wanted to do its thing, so I had to play with the settings & what I'm doing

Gus.

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• Scouter1
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2013
                      • Sydney NSW

Thanks Gus, that gives some indication. That last shot of Korrs + lightbar gives a great light field for some distance in front of the vehicle. Not too many places for Skippy to hide...

Cheers,
                      Stephen

Comment

• MSF
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2009

It's easy to get an accurate representation of the light pattern / output from a camera, you just have to make sure you set up the camera so all images are the same shutter/aperture and ISO.

Set the camera on full manual
                        With the BRIGHTEST lights - set the camera to accurately show the lighting pattern/spread and exposure...
                        Then the others will be represented accordingly

Try not to have too long an exposure as that will let much more ambient light in that could effect the image and make it brighter than it really is.
                        I've found that a low ISO, aperture of about f6.3-F8 and shutter of max 5 sec (usually about 2.5sec)
                        You can run a shorter shutter if you open up the aperture, but your focal length suffers. I find f6.3 about as open as I will go

Comment

• Gus
                          Administrator
                          • Mar 2008
                          • Traralgon. Vic

Simple Yea I'm being lazy I've been looking/reading up so will take your advice & when I get a chance give it a go..

Vehicle Sold

How to get Forum Decals

Comment

• MSF
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2009

I will get a test pic up of my Flood pattern one up.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X