• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimpuff
    • Feb 2013
    • mildura

updated inlet manifold available from mitsubishi

Available for early pb models with carbon build up issues. Makes huge difference if the ecu update doesnt fix issues, and vehicle runs poorly and emits black exhaust smoke.
  • Goodsy
    Who ya gunna call....
    • Dec 2010
    • Hervey Bay

Take it you hat one fitted and is this a hotfix?
    .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• jimpuff
      • Feb 2013
      • mildura

Originally posted by Goodsy View Post
      Take it you hat one fitted and is this a hotfix?
      not a hotfix, mitsubishi dealer installed

Comment

• Challenger Dan
        • May 2014
        • Willunga

After waiting 2 weeks to get in to my local MM dealer to diagnose Challenger going in to limp mode, engine warning light and ASC lights coming on, they have advised that carbon build is the cause, and a new inlet manifold is the fix (under warranty thankfully!).
        Unfortunately the parts are 2 days away, and my Robe trip is 1 day away. Looks like the Challenger will be staying home for the long weekend... but looking forward to having this problem resolved.

Comment

• old Jack
          Regular
          • Jun 2011
          • Adelaide, South Australia.

Thanks for the update Jim and Dan, can you please post some details about your Challengers, year and month, auto or manual and kms. This helps those with problems but with less pro-active dealer sevice departments.

cheers, old Jack.
          2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
          MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Challenger Dan
            • May 2014
            • Willunga

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
            Thanks for the update Jim and Dan, can you please post some details about your Challengers, year and month, auto or manual and kms. This helps those with problems but with less pro-active dealer sevice departments.

cheers, old Jack.
            Hi Jack,
            mine is Jan 2010 build, Auto trans, and 113,500km on the clock.
            Car itself is ex-MMAL fleet, which I have had on novated lease since 15K. Servicing always through the same dealer, albeit at two different locations, so a bit surprised at my current problem...

Comment

• Challengrtj
              • Jun 2015
              • Brisbane

Reading this confirms the dealerships don't actually do the scheduled tappet adjustment every 30k. The adjustment requires removing the inlet manifold and if it was bad enough to cause an engine check light then surely they would have noticed and cleaned it?

Comment

• shortSteve
                • Dec 2012
                • Perth

Originally posted by Challengrtj View Post
                Reading this confirms the dealerships don't actually do the scheduled tappet adjustment every 30k. The adjustment requires removing the inlet manifold and if it was bad enough to causc an engine check light then surely they would have noticed and cleaned it?
                Big assumption? My dealer cleaned inlet at 30k, replaced manifold at 60k, cleaned again at 90k and reported very little buildup. In 30k they can get pretty gunked up. Also, some services are just audible checks iirc for valves???
                MY13 Triton GLX Dual-Cab
                twin locked, canopy and racks, bars front and rear, camera and sensors, bashplates and snorkel, lift and 32's, long range tank, ecu tune and exhaust and many many memories...
                15 PC Challenger, nudge bar, tow bar, arb roof rack, IPF spotties, uhf, lift, 32's on MN GLX alloys, ORS draw system, fridge and slide, arkpak and awning....so far.

Comment

• challenger98
                  • Dec 2012
                  • Adelaide

So you guys got a new inlet under warranty?? wow, wish I had know that. Was it a recall on the manifold or something? I recently had my EGR valve removed and cleaned, along with the manifold (only spray treatment, while car is running) but I MMA will replace the manifold that would be even better.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X