• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kblof
    • Apr 2017
    • Radelaide

Our new NT Moonie

Hi All
    Just bought a NT diesel from Victoria, took a chance and bought it over the net. White GLS Auto 140000kms, Opposite Lock steel winch bar, overhead console, Safari snorkel, Lovell springs and Bilstein shocks. Has a few rattles that i'm trying to iron out, one of which was what i thought was the dash but turned out to be the Safari snorkel which has 2 hose clamps inside the drivers wheel arch that were rubbing/banging against the inside guard. Thanks to JohnGavin, stevemc181 and this forum I completed the dash tie downs with zip ties anyway.
    Just had the front intercooler replaced under used car warranty as it developed a bad leak in the front passenger side. This encouraged me to install a catch can and do the $1 EGR resistor mod thanks Mavman.
    Cheers
    Kym
    Last edited by kblof; 11-05-17, 06:24 PM.
    2011 NT Pajero| DID
  • kblof
    • Apr 2017
    • Radelaide

Here is a pic.
    Attached Files
    2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• kblof
      • Apr 2017
      • Radelaide

I researched a few catch cans and had used a Provent on my old GU but seen this SAAS for $110 I have added some steel wool in the middle section for better filtration. See how it goes?
      Managed to squeeze it into the spot next to the air filter box.
      Attached Files
      2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• kblof
        • Apr 2017
        • Radelaide

OK so I find the ride in Moonie too firm for a daily driver.
        Lovell springs CFR-90HD and CRR-91
        Bilstein BE5-6271 and BE5-6272

Just got in touch with Ken from Ultimate Suspension for some advise, he sent me to a local 4WD shop (Alltrac) here in Adelaide to get each corner weighed. Just waiting on his reply and findings.
        2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• kblof
          • Apr 2017
          • Radelaide

After picking up Moonie from the dealer in Victoria I heard an annoying sound from the front RHS of the car. Originally thought it was the dash but eventually found it under the front drivers guard. It was the stainless hose clamps that join 2 sections together of the Safari snorkel. They had moved around or installed badly and were rubbing/vibrating on the inner guard under load.
          Upon removing the inner guard plastic stone protector I noticed some caked on mud at the bottom rear of the arch. I used a screw driver to dig it out and the result was at least 1 shovel full of dirt. I intern dug out the passenger side which didn't have as much but enough to be a long term rust problem. Pics below are from the passenger side.
          Attached Files
          2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• Nab
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2012
            • Perth

Looks like a few kg lost just by cleaning out the inner guards!!!!
            SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
            NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• kblof
              • Apr 2017
              • Radelaide

Originally posted by Nab View Post
              Looks like a few kg lost just by cleaning out the inner guards!!!!
              Yeah i was very surprised by the amount in there.
              2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• kblof
                • Apr 2017
                • Radelaide

It's been an eventful 12 months owning a Pajero, getting to know their quirks and their positives. I find it a great vehicle which is very underrated in the 4WD world.
                The below link was something I didn't want to happen to us regardless of vehicle, blown engine due to excess water in the fuel.

One thing I haven't liked is how the suspension is so finicky due to the mono-cope body/chassis, I have finally had some luck in getting the suspension right to suit my style of driving. After changing out the Lovell springs for Kings I still found every bump annoying with the Bilsteins. The below link is my findings on the new Outback Armour shocks.

2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• denmonkey
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Newcastle NSW

Nice choice I also notice a build up behind that guard.

When I was mine I put the hose on jet and hit it hard.
                  I let the water go up inside and then move it away and the mud comes out.

I do this multiple times until the water running out becomes clear.

Comment

• kblof
                    • Apr 2017
                    • Radelaide

Haven't posted for a while but been busy with a few mods.
                    new 10.1" android stereo
                    FMIC - made my own Jonny Tig style
                    3" exhaust from PPD
                    modified front bash plate
                    modified the OL bull bar
                    need to take more pics of some but attaching the bash plate and bull bar changes.
                    Now with the MM intercooler removed I made my own bash plate from 3mm aluminium checker plate. Attaching it to the old MM intercooler bolts and to the bottom of the bull bar. I didn't like the OL steel post bull bar the car came with and thought about changing it for an ARB Sahara but way too expensive. So out with the grinder today and off with the posts, a bit crude but I prefer the look. A touch up of paint and almost looks like it was meant to be. Now debating whether to paint it white?
                    Tomorrow I'll take some pics of the FMIC and the new stereo. The FMIC is an Aeroflow 600x300x76 intercooler with 3" silicon hoses for most of the way. The stereo is a cheap ebay Xtrons android 10.1" unit.
                    Cheers
                    Kym
                    Attached Files
                    2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• NTBenny
                      • May 2017
                      • Newcastle

The mods to the bar look good. Make sure you post your other pics.

Benny.
                      2011 NT Pajero Platinum, DCS 80AH Extreme Battery, Stedi 8.5" LED driving lights, Bushskinz side steps & bash plates, Provent 200, Auto-mate TC lockup, Derale fan forced trans cooler, custom 3inch exhaust, JT intercooler, Bilstein + Lovells 2 inch lift, Airbag Man bags, DBA slotted rotors, braided brake lines, diff+gearbox+transfer breathers, Redarc boost & EGT gauge, Tuned by TME 141rwkw 598nm.

Comment

• kblof
                        • Apr 2017
                        • Radelaide

Thanks Benny
                        The 10.1 android unit wasn't too bad to fit still need to wire rear camera and get the steering wheel buttons to work
                        Attached Files
                        2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• kblof
                          • Apr 2017
                          • Radelaide

The FMIC was a different story a bit daunting having to cut the uprights supporting the radiator but the end result was worth it. Used a 100mm hole saw then painted the steel and some pinch weld to stop any rubbing.
                          The turbo outlet is 51mm and I wanted to go to 76mm so to overcome this I put in a 51mm silicon 90deg bend then a 57mm aluminium 90deg bend from there was a 57 to 76mm silicon joiner. A straight 76 aluminium joiner then a 76 90deg silicon bend into the intercooler (600x300x76).
                          Attached Files
                          2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• kblof
                            • Apr 2017
                            • Radelaide

out of the intercooler a 76 90deg silicon bend mated to a 76 45deg aluminium bend to bend back towards the engine. A 76 90deg bend to a 76 90deg aluminium bend mated to a 76 to 71mm silicon joiner onto the intake.
                            Attached Files
                            2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

• kblof
                              • Apr 2017
                              • Radelaide

To mount the intercooler a 40mm aluminium angle (painted black) was installed on the bottom which mounted perfectly to the bull bar bolts. The top I used some aluminium flat from the intercooler to some existing bolts. Rubber washes were installed against the intercooler for vibrations.
                              Attached Files
                              2011 NT Pajero| DID

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X