Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum (https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/index.php)
-   Fuel and fuel systems (https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Installed a water seperator today (https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=39615)

Kirkster72 08-06-14 08:58 AM

Installed a water seperator today
 
1 Attachment(s)
G'day, yesterday I installed a deisel fuel water seperator, $170 for the unit & about $20 for a bracket & fuel line,& was pretty stait forward to install.

Georgie 08-06-14 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirkster72 (Post 373380)
G'day, yesterday I installed a deisel fuel water seperator, $170 for the unit & about $20 for a bracket & fuel line,& was pretty stait forward to install.

Hi Kirk
Nice job you have done there and very useful but shouldnt it be facing down hill and not side ways al the ones that are fitted to my trucks genuine or after market are all facing down so that water and sediment remain at the bottom for draining off
Cheers
Georgie

grhyso 08-06-14 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgie (Post 373403)
Hi Kirk
Nice job you have done there and very useful but shouldnt it be facing down hill and not side ways al the ones that are fitted to my trucks genuine or after market are all facing down so that water and sediment remain at the bottom for draining off
Cheers
Georgie

I think it is just the photo's on it's side :lol9[1]:

Georgie 08-06-14 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grhyso (Post 373404)
I think it is just the photo's on it's side :lol9[1]:

Yeah Rhys i think you are right never mind me it still early and I had few scotches last night half a bottle to be precise and I am glad I am not going 4X4ing today
Cheers
Georgie

GHendo 08-06-14 06:15 PM

Hi Kirk

Nice job mate. I turned the photo around so I could have a better look :D

I'm pleased to see you hooked it up so the factory filter is the primary filter - that's the way I'd do it too.

Cheers

Geoff

Kirkster72 08-06-14 09:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys & yes the pic is on the side, also tell me if I'm wrong i thought this is set up as a primary & factory filter as secondary?

GHendo 09-06-14 12:39 AM

You might be right about the way you have it hooked up. I was comparing it with a photo I used in this post ...

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ighlight=purge

However, taking a closer look at your photo it looks like your factory filter is around the other way to mine - the pipe coming along from the top would be in IN - my filter has an arrow on it to show the direction, and the hose going to underneath would be the OUT.

I always maintain the original filter should be the primary as it has a water detector built-in and the sooner you know about the water the better. If the water gets past the original filter, then the new one is there to hopefully stop it going any further. If you hook it up the way you have, the water is already in BOTH filter when the detector gives you a warning light.

Geoff

Kirkster72 09-06-14 10:05 AM

Totally agree there, but the plan is to get the 12v alarm fitted when money permits (optional extra $160) ASAP, so as to keep it the way I have it. Also does anyone on here have ideas on how this actually works? The clear bowl was full yesterday so I emptied it & now is full again? Only have fitting instructions & it doesn't explain anything else? Anyone she'd light on this please it's a diesel care fuel manager 100 series.
Cheers Bryan

RTCHAFF 09-06-14 07:36 PM

Water trap filter
 
Hi nice job has any one out there fitted a water trap filter to a 2007 NS pajero deisel I have a dual battery set up in LH side fire wall along side original fuel filter I can,t find anywhere else to mount it any help or pictures would be great thanks.

Onslow 09-06-14 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RTCHAFF (Post 373673)
Hi nice job has any one out there fitted a water trap filter to a 2007 NS pajero deisel I have a dual battery set up in LH side fire wall along side original fuel filter I can,t find anywhere else to mount it any help or pictures would be great thanks.

Yes, Diesel Care has a bracket that mounts it between the air cleaner and the abs system on the drivers side. I'll try to get some images for you tonight.


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 09:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.