• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

New motor with 47,000 on the clock

I know a certain Mitsubishi dealer is heavy in this forum but I’ve had enough
    I just can’t believe the way these people act when there is an obvious problem

If this ends up tucked away in so the public can’t see I won’t be surprised

The Aussie spirit of helping each other has gone
    Everyone would rather knock the next bloke
    Second Motor just out of warranty over heating and no one will help!

What happened to us? Why do we get enjoyment at other people hardship?

Mn triton, new motor at 70,000 and now at 117,000 and just out of warranty they want every cent they can get even though the writing is on the wall

What happened to us? I have a family like many others and do the right thing.

Thought I fixed it but it seems that it’s not the case at all
    Sludge build up on radiator cap..

Now no option but to trade and pass it on to the next poor bloke.....I just don’t get it why people don’t help each other anymore or have some compassion at least.

Now I’m told they have a whole NEW block with these engines so why do they make you jump threw hoops and make it so hard to get service like the law states

My engine is leaking gases into the radiator now

NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff
  • Nab
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Perth

If you have a full service history from a licensed mechanic and it’s only just out of warranty, surely a call to consumer affairs would get the ball rolling in your favour?

Why aren’t they helping, at least providing free labour? Did you do the servicing yourself? There are many reported cases where even though the warranty has just run out the dealer provides a “goodwill” gesture provided service book is filled out correctly.
    SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
    NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by Nab View Post
      If you have a full service history from a licensed mechanic and it’s only just out of warranty, surely a call to consumer affairs would get the ball rolling in your favour?

Why aren’t they helping, at least providing free labour? Did you do the servicing yourself? There are many reported cases where even though the warranty has just run out the dealer provides a “goodwill” gesture provided service book is filled out correctly.
      X2

If it’s due to a known manufacturing fault/defect even out of warranty period they need to replace it ... I really hope Mitsubishi Australia assist you with a new motor...

PS go to another dealer if you are not satisfied.. it’s up to MMA to accept or reject your claim ... (not the dealer) ...

Fingers crossed it works out in your favour

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Cant add anymore than what the previuous two members have replied with. Dealer needs his arse kicked. Piss poor effort. Take it up with MM direct.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• geopaj
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Adelaide

I would also suggest you have a read of the Australian Consumer Law. Specifically the sections that outline a product must be fit for purpose, and last as long as a reasonable person would reasonably expect it to last (irrespective of the manufacturer’s warranty period) and then put something in writing to MM Australia.
          Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• Terryo
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

My brother has one that he has done 235K in 5 years with no problems other than blowing a lot of black smoke a couple of times. Have 7 Tritons the same age in the fleet. Two had new engines due to over heating before they had 80K on them. Another blew a gearbox.
            Fellow at work has a 2015 one 45K that he has just had overheating problems with. Exhaust leaking into the cooling system. Took it to a diesel mechanic, not a dealer and they bypassed the EGR system and problem solved. Been about 6 weeks now since the EGR bypass with no more overheating.
            Terry
            2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
            NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
            NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• Stoneman
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2012
              • Melbourne

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
              X2

If it’s due to a known manufacturing fault/defect even out of warranty period they need to replace it ... I really hope Mitsubishi Australia assist you with a new motor...

PS go to another dealer if you are not satisfied.. it’s up to MMA to accept or reject your claim ... (not the dealer) ...

Fingers crossed it works out in your favour

My first encounter was terrible.. wanted me to sign to approve $200 hr for diagnosis, I s#/t you not.

My car has been serviced every time and early in most cases with oil changes in between

I have never stimped on maintenance and because I was just in the process of change the front grill plastic mesh they started crap, I had just purchased it days before..

I find it a serious issues when companies are able to treat people in this way
              Last edited by Stoneman; 15-03-19, 10:16 AM.

Comment

• Stoneman
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2012
                • Melbourne

New radiator didn’t fix it
                So new delco clutch fan and thermostat was fitted and there was a massive difference in air flow and it seemed to of fixed for a coupe of months
                Now it’s done it again

Thankfully I’ve had a OBD meter connected so it hasn’t hit limp mode as we have caught it

Comment

• Axis
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • Highett Vic

Hi Stoneman,

I have a mate with a 2012 MN Triton and it was overheating - radiator was replaced. Seemed to be OK but next high country trip it was overheating on the hills again.

The rad cap looks to have been updated. Can an independent mech do the test for gasses in the coolant? He is the 2nd owner so it is out of warranty.

Terryo, the EGR bypass sounds interesting. Makes sense it would stop the exhaust gas entering the coolant. Might need to let him know.

Do you think it would be worth doing the clutch fan and thermostat first?

Cheers,
                  James
                  07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Having Fun
                    • Jun 2015
                    • Adelaide

Hi Stoneman,

Please forgive my ignorance, but is this a separate issue to the porous blocks happening to Challengers of similar age?

I know someone that owned one of those from new & had 2 failures under warranty. MMA replaced the engine with a long motor both times, but he lost confidence in the car & moved it on after the 2nd new engine was installed.

Comment

• Stoneman
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2012
                      • Melbourne

Originally posted by Having Fun View Post
                      Hi Stoneman,

Please forgive my ignorance, but is this a separate issue to the porous blocks happening to Challengers of similar age?

I know someone that owned one of those from new & had 2 failures under warranty. MMA replaced the engine with a long motor both times, but he lost confidence in the car & moved it on after the 2nd new engine was installed.
                      to be honest i believe there is alot more to the issue thats let on

I have contacted MM and now waiting for
                      someone to call.

Comment

• Stoneman
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2012
                        • Melbourne

Have been contacted and have to run through the usual process ..
                        Fingers crossed atm

Comment

• Stoneman
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • Melbourne

I don’t get on here much anymore as I can’t mingle with the voltures and know it alls very well. Thought I would do an update as I know a little how this page works and who’s behind the scenes and thought it would be worth updating since I was here.

MASSIVE shout to Berwick Mitsubishi!
                          OMFG, booked straight it and NO STUPID WAIVER asked to be signed as Chadstone Mitsubishi wanted for a known issue
                          Wanted to extort $200 an hour for there apprentice to do a simple gas in radiator test that natrad can do with no time frame! Like hell lol
                          I walked into Berwick to find some familiar faces I’ve seen at chadstone when I first went there (before a certain service manager took over, BTW I won’t ever forget how he spoke to me, like I was an idiot) and immediately felt comfortable and also one from where I purchased the car
                          Was very reassuring over some young bloke trying to tell me I need to sign a waiver to approve $200 an hour! Not long after trying to charge $750 for a basic oil change and top up.
                          Bad form Chadstone Mitsubishi!

Any way! New motor and I mean THE new motor that’s not just a bandaid fix as first done
                          Half their luck as they scored all the work fixing my brakes and everything else that was needed hahaha, it’s what happens when you get good service.
                          It’s not the price it’s what your getting for it that matters
                          Was due for a service anyway so a win win, new motor and service for not much more than what t would cost me any way......we’ll thats a bit of a lie haha over $1300 of extra work being done to bring back to the way I like her

Very happy Mitsubishi! It’s not a Toyota but I have that feeling lol

to Berwick Mitsubishi
                          Have it back next week

Comment

• Pickle
                            Administrator
                            • Jun 2007
                            • All over Oz

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                            I don’t get on here much anymore as I can’t mingle with the voltures and know it alls very well.
                            Nice
                            Maybe you could have just explained that you don't get on with some members on here instead of calling them Vultures. (correct spelling)
                            Dave
                            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• craka
                              Valued Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • Newcastle (Newie)

That's good news Stoneman. Glad you got it sorted.
                              NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X