• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

usb cutting out

Last 2 weeks or so my usb music has been stopping after about 2 minutes and sometimes a bit longer.. Did a search on this site but found nothing. Have bought several new sticks (16gb)....formatted---FAT32 but to no avail. Wont work properly with an 8gb stick either (always did before)Have used sticks up to 64 gb before with no issues. I have added an extension cable into the usb port (in glovebox) and although it is a snug fit the bloody usb stick still cuts out after a song or two. I have also cleaned usb port with dry, compressed air...still no good. Running out of ideas.....anyone experienced this issue?

2014NW with basic stereo system....not MMCS.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money
  • mr_bosman
    • Oct 2014
    • Warrnambool

Does your head unit have power always connected eg standby , if so disconnect all power and also remove the USB extension ?
    2012 NW Platinum Auto 3.2DiD, Colour Ironbark, with lots of other bits .......
    http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=42467

Comment

• mr_bosman
      • Oct 2014
      • Warrnambool

Do you have a USB stick that also has a light on it when plugged in, does the light go out when the music stops ?
      2012 NW Platinum Auto 3.2DiD, Colour Ironbark, with lots of other bits .......
      http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=42467

Comment

• skins2380
        • Jun 2015
        • ACT

USB cutting out

Had a similar issue a while back. Found it was a bit of a sloppy USB connection. Put music onto another brand of USB & it seemed to fixed the issue. Found that when I hit a big bump it sometimes moves the USB stick ever so slightly, so I have to wiggle the USB a bit, but doesn't happen all the time.

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

I might have had a win. I bought some Sandisc sticks...8gb. They seem to be playing no problems so far. I don't understand it because previously I had a big variety of sticks from 256 mb to 64gb and all played no problems. I,ve also added a usb extension cable to ensure glove box does not hit the longer usb sticks when it closes. The Sandiscs are short. I,ll monitor how they go as I,ve only done a short test so far. Power to the stereo unit all the time. Did disconnect battery for 10 mins as well..........here,s hoping!

Thanks for replies.
          Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

wELL...BLOODY THING STILL CUTTING OUT WITH NEW STICKS. i,VE ORDERED A FEW 2GB STICKS JUST IN CASE SOMETHING HAS GONE WRONG WITH THREAD FUNCTION AND THE MEMORY.

aNYONE PUT A DIFFERENT HEAD UNIT IN THAT STILL ALLOWS FULL FUNCTION OF WHEEL CONTROLS?
            Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• dean
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007

Nothing works in our after market radio usb port. We don't know but presume it's a radio internal problem from years of corrugations, dust or whatever. Started out as an intermittent problem.
              Dean
              NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

• _jp_
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2013
                • Adelaide Hills, SA

Although not the same as yours, I had a problem with my USB always starting from Folder 1, Track 1. It used to resume from where it last left off.

After trying different sticks and copying my files across the problem was also transferred to the new stick.

It turned out to be a couple of corrupt MP3 files. I had to copy one folder at a time (one folder each day for a few weeks) until I found the culprit.

Just an idea.
                NW GLXR - SOLD
                --------------
                EVO 6 TME

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X