• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • disco stu
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2018
    • Wollongong

Gen3 headers on NL?

Hey guys. Just wondering if 2003 v6 headers would fit on an NL v6? It looks from photos like the 02 sensor is in a different spot, but that's not a big issue. These would come with the y piece, and I'm just wondering if that would fit onto the existing exhaust on the NL?

Appreciate any help

Stu
  • stumagoo
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Perth WA S.O.R

nope - the bolt pattern is similar (or infact I think its the same) the rhs header may work but the left side comes down where the chassis rail sits..... then the kicker they collect on the left side - wrong side for a gen 2..... would have to completely re run the left side bank and change over the merge pipe
    1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
    *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
    1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• disco stu
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2018
      • Wollongong

Spewing! Thanks Stu. These were $150 and I thought maybe an easy way to solve my problem

Comment

• stumagoo
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2014
        • Perth WA S.O.R

yeah I found a brand new set for $200..... was going to chop them up and use them anyway as I wanted to run a full twin system.... but decided not to, the crap is I have seen NL ones for 300-400 on Ebay for as long as I can remember but for some reason now they all seem around $600
        1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
        *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
        1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• disco stu
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2018
          • Wollongong

It's a conspiracy, now that I've bought an NL! The rabbit hole I'm going down.....I'm now looking at a full rebuild of a 6g75 seeing I cant find one with lowish km in my price range

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X