• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BrendenM
    • Apr 2018
    • Wollongong, NSW

Basic mech course?

Hi all
    Have a NT paj. A lot of my trips will be solo or with partner. I know some basic mechanics but not enough to feel overly confident if i breakdown miles from anyone.
    Is anyone aware of any online courses that you think would be of assistance?
    Thanks in advance
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by BrendenM View Post
    Hi all
    Have a NT paj. A lot of my trips will be solo or with partner. I know some basic mechanics but not enough to feel overly confident if i breakdown miles from anyone.
    Is anyone aware of any online courses that you think would be of assistance?
    Thanks in advance
    (youtube is good) ... or try your local Tafe https://www.tafescourses.com.au/?_bt...caAjJHEALw_wcB

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• BrendenM
      • Apr 2018
      • Wollongong, NSW

The uni of YouTube has served me well to date:-)
      The issue with that Is I need to know the questions to ask if that makes sense.
      Will investigate the rage option. Cheers

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by BrendenM View Post
        The uni of YouTube has served me well to date:-)
        The issue with that Is I need to know the questions to ask if that makes sense.
        Will investigate the rage option. Cheers
        Also I and other's have learnt a lot from this Pajero Forum ... (Pricesless)

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• MELONHEAD
          • Apr 2010
          • Curlewis NSW

I have been a plant mechanic for 22 years and I reckon the best way to learn mechanical skills is to pull things apart, see how they work, then put them back together again correctly. The best teacher for mechanical skill is experience. As others have said, look at Youtube for instructional videos, and workshop manuals to get you started, then have the confidence to give things a go. A course will teach you many tricks of the trade, but experience is what will teach you the most.
          2010 NT RX diesel manual, bushskinz intercooler + sump guards, factory alloy bulbar, GME TX3400 UHF, Donaldson secondary fuel filter, Bilstein/Kings/Polyair lift, Hankook Dynapro ATM 265/70/17.
          1998 NL GLS V6 auto LWB with ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, ALDI 9500lb winch, ARB onboard compressor, Hankook Dynapro AT/M 265/70/16s.

Comment

• Wyld
            • Jun 2017
            • Wagga Wagga

So with melon, just do it when your in safe workshop range. You have all the parts, can see how it comes apart and goes back together again. Maybe a torque wrench and pick some good tools to go with. Might help having a chat to your mech about common issues, or look at the forum.

Seriously, when you do a cv shaft and have no choice, or a rear drive shaft you have to find a way. You gain heaps of confidence about facing the next time something might happen.
            MY2017 Exceed, Ironman 9500 winch, GME UHF, BOO's Bash Plates, Ironman Light Bar, Ironman premium Bullbar, Redarc tow pro, dual battery system with Ironman 40A dc to dc charger

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X