• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tenacity
    • Oct 2019
    • Willetton WA

Catch Can

Firstly apologies if this is an old subject which has been extensively covered and discussed. Decided to start a new post as I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Has anyone fitted a Provent 200 to a 2019 NX? If so would you be able to provide some photos of the location etc please, together with some hints/advice on fitting. Does the kit from Provent come with all the bits including brackets etc?

Also; is it too soon to fit one, as I've only done around 10k kms. The sooner the better or not yet needed as new engine with minimal blow-by?

Thanks...............
    2019 NX Pajero
    OEM Alloy Bull-Bar, Bushranger Nighthawke Light Bar, Whispbar roof bars, Uniden UH8080S, Provent 200 Catch-can, Redarc tow-pro
  • Djisapilot
    • Jun 2020
    • Goonellabah

Fitted one today on a 2015 NX. Came with bracket, moulded hose and all the required hardware. Easy enough install although some shortening of the supplied moulded pipe and the original one for a cleaner fit.
    It’s my (limited) understanding that it is never to early to fit one. I also fitted the Munji EGR delete cable for good measure.
    If I get a chance I’ll snap some photos tomorrow for you.

Comment

• Ozzz
      • May 2019
      • Brisbane

Mine is 2019 and put it on in the first week after delivery. It has everything supplied. And https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=64991 this may help you
      My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Tenacity
        • Oct 2019
        • Willetton WA

Thanks, look forward to the photos, much appreciated.

Originally posted by Djisapilot View Post
        Fitted one today on a 2015 NX. Came with bracket, moulded hose and all the required hardware. Easy enough install although some shortening of the supplied moulded pipe and the original one for a cleaner fit.
        It’s my (limited) understanding that it is never to early to fit one. I also fitted the Munji EGR delete cable for good measure.
        If I get a chance I’ll snap some photos tomorrow for you.
        2019 NX Pajero
        OEM Alloy Bull-Bar, Bushranger Nighthawke Light Bar, Whispbar roof bars, Uniden UH8080S, Provent 200 Catch-can, Redarc tow-pro

Comment

• Tenacity
          • Oct 2019
          • Willetton WA

Very helpful, thanks heaps.

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post
          Mine is 2019 and put it on in the first week after delivery. It has everything supplied. And https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=64991 this may help you
          2019 NX Pajero

Comment

• Ocean
            • May 2014
            • Blue mountains NSW

Catch Can

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post

Tenacity

As in the link form Ozzz, got my kit from same place Western Filters as Edzhere for my NP I did not use their bracket on the NP because I had a snorkle on it which meant the supplied bracket had it sitting too close to the air box. Have taken it off my NP and fitted to the NX only change was to rotate the can outlets further back towards the firewall and cut the supplied outlet hose down another 10mm. Fits perfectly, would expect if using the supplied bracket it would fit well also. Not sure about having a snorkle on the NX I don’t have one yet. On the NP fitting a snorkle meant moving the air box back 20mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.

Comment

• Tenacity
              • Oct 2019
              • Willetton WA

Thanks, have ordered the kit from Western Filters, should get it sometime next week.

Originally posted by Ocean View Post
              Tenacity

As in the link form Ozzz, got my kit from same place Western Filters as Edzhere for my NP I did not use their bracket on the NP because I had a snorkle on it which meant the supplied bracket had it sitting too close to the air box. Have taken it off my NP and fitted to the NX only change was to rotate the can outlets further back towards the firewall and cut the supplied outlet hose down another 10mm. Fits perfectly, would expect if using the supplied bracket it would fit well also. Not sure about having a snorkle on the NX I don’t have one yet. On the NP fitting a snorkle meant moving the air box back 20mm.

2019 NX Pajero

Comment

• farcanal
                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Tenacity View Post
                Firstly apologies if this is an old subject which has been extensively covered and discussed. Decided to start a new post as I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Has anyone fitted a Provent 200 to a 2019 NX? If so would you be able to provide some photos of the location etc please, together with some hints/advice on fitting. Does the kit from Provent come with all the bits including brackets etc?

Also; is it too soon to fit one, as I've only done around 10k kms. The sooner the better or not yet needed as new engine with minimal blow-by?

Thanks...............
                I just bought the basic kit without brackets. These can be made up easily with aluminium strapping bought from Bunnings.
                Trying to add pics but not working. I'll keep trying.

Comment

• dreamerman
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • Sydney

I did, look at my past posts.
                  03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• skins2380
                    • Jun 2015
                    • ACT

This may help; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e60SBHDbRbc

Comment

• Tenacity
                      • Oct 2019
                      • Willetton WA

Catch Can

Fitted the Provent 200 from Western Filters to my NX. Fairly straight forward with quality fittings. Had to cut a small notch in the side of the supplied mounting bracket to make room for the bonnet release cable. Wasn't a real need but decided to do it to stop any chaffing happening in the future. No dramas in connecting up the hoses, instructions were pretty clear and logical.

Decided to keep the drain hose as long as possible to provide the maximum amount of sump space for the collected oil. This tube is now held in a bracket/cradle attached to one of the bolts securing the sump guard. Will see how that goes for now, can always move it.

Fitted at 10k kms, now done just under 11k kms. Filter appears damp with oil and there's residue along the bottom of the filter and container but nothing in the drain tube.

Just one concern; will it be harder for the crankcase fumes to push through as the filter gets wetter, hence creating some back pressure?

Photos attached.
                      Attached Files
                      2019 NX Pajero

Comment

• HeavyPizzaz
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2017
                        • Sydney

Fitted the Provent 200 from Western Filters to my NX. Fairly straight forward with quality fittings. Had to cut a small notch in the side of the supplied mounting bracket to make room for the bonnet release cable. Wasn't a real need but decided to do it to stop any chaffing happening in the future. No dramas in connecting up the hoses, instructions were pretty clear and logical.

Decided to keep the drain hose as long as possible to provide the maximum amount of sump space for the collected oil. This tube is now held in a bracket/cradle attached to one of the bolts securing the sump guard. Will see how that goes for now, can always move it.

Fitted at 10k kms, now done just under 11k kms. Filter appears damp with oil and there's residue along the bottom of the filter and container but nothing in the drain tube.

Just one concern; will it be harder for the crankcase fumes to push through as the filter gets wetter, hence creating some back pressure?

Photos attached.

I love that bracket! Nice work. I have mine cable tied to the brake lines but I have to cut the cable ties each time I drain it. Looks like you could drain without releasing it.

Comment

• Tenacity
                          • Oct 2019
                          • Willetton WA

Catch Can

Originally posted by HeavyPizzaz View Post
                          I love that bracket! Nice work. I have mine cable tied to the brake lines but I have to cut the cable ties each time I drain it. Looks like you could drain without releasing it.

Thanks, that is MK II, MK I was a bit flimsy. You're right, I could probably drain without having to cut the cable tie, will see how I go as nothing to drain at the moment. Slight concern about having it hanging a bit low, could get caught up in twigs or branches off road, unlikely but remote possibility so MK III may be a shorter hang.
                          2019 NX Pajero

Comment

• Tenacity
                            • Oct 2019
                            • Willetton WA

Catch Can

Photos attached.
                            Drained around 90 mils of oil after around 5k kms. Couldn't see anything in the clear drain tube but it all gushed out when I undid the tap. Nice to know that the can is working and all that crud isn't clogging up the manifold and everywhere else. Will be draining every couple of thousand kms from now on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oil from catch can.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	210.3 KB
ID:	1073883
                            2019 NX Pajero

Comment

• Mike L
                              • Dec 2020
                              • Adelaide

Morning all,
                              I fitted the western filters full kit, I cut two big holes in the bracket with a hole saw to take some bulk out of it. The only thing that annoyed me was the number of hose clamps needed I tucked the end of the drain hose into the round cross member on the chassis. When I fitted mine the Odometer showed 28Km, and the inside of the inlet was already wet with oil!
                              Regards,

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X