X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lostincable
    • May 2010

What Is It Worth?

Hey all, well I need to up the ante on my towing capacity so looks like the Pajero will need to go to a new home.

I was wondering if I could get some ideas of what I should be looking for to price it?

Car is as follows,

2001 GLS NM Pajero 2.8 Diesel - Good condition inside and out. No mechaical issues, starts first time all the time
    Diesel LPG setup by D-GAS runs Diesel and Gas
    New Heavy Duty Battery (Two year warranty NRMA)
    DVD Player with GPS (7" Flip Out Screen)
    75kg rated rhino roof racks
    2.5T Tow Bar
    Wired for towing 12 PIN plug with relayed hotwires
    Brake controller wiring (no controller)
    Good tires

There are a few fiddly things that are purely cosmetic but nothing major.

Regualry and recently serviced with a clean bill of health.

Redbook says 12800 - 15500 what are the thoughts out there?

Some pics when I bought it 8 months ago....

Last edited by lostincable; 22-03-11, 01:23 PM.
    Expanda's Downunder - http://www.expandasdownunder.com
  • tasha_22
    • Feb 2011
    • Perth WA

How about a swap?

I just bought a 2001 NM Exceed with 155K's on it with full service history. I want diesel.

Are you in Melbourne?

Not sure about the value of your car though.

Paul

Comment

• lostincable
      • May 2010

Gday Paul in Sydney mate sorry !

And why do you want diesel? Petrol costing to much at the pump?

Comment

• 17tux
        • Mar 2011
        • Gold Coast

hey mate. i am looking to buy a pajero atm and was wondering how many kms yours has. do you have any recent pics with the stereo install and as it sits atm. wat is the power like of the 2.8 td as i have only driven a v6 petrol. i will be towing a 18ft boat with it so just wondering if it would be enough. cheers
        2001 NM Pajero. Pioneer DVD player, alpine type r front splits, alpine type r coaxial 2 ways in rear, alpine 4 channel amp and alpine mono block running a single alpine type r 12". Stock suspension but about to lift it 2" with some long travel shocks and shave the bump stops slightly. Bf Goodrich 285/75r16 muddies on gu rims.

Comment

• BrisVegas
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2009
          • Townsville, QLD

redbook prices would be great if you could find them for those prices. Not many NM Pajero diesels around under $20k. They're a bit rare. People seem to hang onto them because of their 'old tec' but reliable engines. Depending on the kms of yours I'd be asking at or above the top redbook price.

I love mine, but might need to sell it shortly, so I'll be interested to see what you get for yours. There's two on carsales in Qld, one for $14,500 and one for $16,990 with 300,000km
          'Shrek' 2002 NM GLS 2.8TD manual. ARB bar. HD King springs & Bilsteins. Bridgestone D674LT. Milford Cargo Barrier. Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards. Exedy solid flywheel. 25mm core radiator. 2.5" exhaust. Airtec snorkel. Engel MT45, Projecta 150A isolator, 120A AGM battery in 3rd row. ARB bar, Fyrlyts & 30" LED lightbar Pics + 2015 Isuzu MU-X with all the fruit.

Comment

• lostincable
            • May 2010

Originally posted by 17tux View Post
            hey mate. i am looking to buy a pajero atm and was wondering how many kms yours has. do you have any recent pics with the stereo install and as it sits atm. wat is the power like of the 2.8 td as i have only driven a v6 petrol. i will be towing a 18ft boat with it so just wondering if it would be enough. cheers
            Hey there mine won't be up for sale till beginning of May....

In terms of power I tow a 2.2 van and she does it easily.

I would go another pajero but need a 3T plus rating for my new van so will go to a landrover.

KM's is 250,000

As it stands now is very close to what you see in the pics at the moment I have only had the car for 8 months or so.

The stereo install I don't have pics of at the moment but will take some.

Originally posted by BrisVegas View Post
            redbook prices would be great if you could find them for those prices. Not many NM Pajero diesels around under $20k. They're a bit rare. People seem to hang onto them because of their 'old tec' but reliable engines. Depending on the kms of yours I'd be asking at or above the top redbook price.

I love mine, but might need to sell it shortly, so I'll be interested to see what you get for yours. There's two on carsales in Qld, one for $14,500 and one for $16,990 with 300,000km
            Yer mine has 250,000km's.....

In terms of reliability it seems to be spot on this thing is just faultless absolutely love it.

Lots of guts, starts first time every time and is very capable of road!

If I wasn't changing to a heavier van I would be keeping it but the towing increase means I need something with that extra tow rating.

I will want a kick sale once I put it up in early May so will price it probably between those two points of the ones you have listed and see how I get on.

The lpg kit alone is worth close to 4k for the diesels and diesels seem to be rare enough but coupled with an LPG kit I feel its a good selling point.
            Last edited by lostincable; 23-03-11, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Snapcatcher
              Valued Member
              • Feb 2009
              • Brisbane

Well whatever you paid for it eight months ago would be a good starting point. I'd be asking for the same $$$ I paid for it. A little more if you've added some bits.
              Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X