• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tuffpajNT
    • Dec 2014
    • Darwin

This platform is antiquated...

Folks,
    Is it not about to time our admins deprecate this brown squishy log of a platform? The total BS that is required to upload a picture(s), or easily find and share material is such a pain!

There are more modern form platforms around that can better drive the content and make it a more efficient way of dealing with all matters of Pajero. Using this platform is not a very good experience.
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Originally posted by tuffpajNT View Post
    Folks,
    Is it not about to time our admins deprecate this brown squishy log of a platform? The total BS that is required to upload a picture(s), or easily find and share material is such a pain!

There are more modern form platforms around that can better drive the content and make it a more efficient way of dealing with all matters of Pajero. Using this platform is not a very good experience.
    So after 75 times using the forum, now your not happy with our squishy platform. The Pajero Club members pay for the public to use the forum. Maybe you would like to donate to upgrade of software instead of the members, or donate to pay for the server.

Surely
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Just Cruzin
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2014
      • Pakenham

Folks,
      Yes but it works, is easy to use , has very few problems with spam and is free to use.
      If you don't like it, change the UI, or find a forum that suits you better.
      99 NL Exceed with air in tyres

Comment

• m_and_m
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2010
        • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Folks,

Well...it's your choice. Don't like it, don't use it.

I like the old antiquated look and feel. Then again, I also prefer windows 7 over windows 10.

Funny how the original arcade games are in favour now. Old is not always bad.

btw - NO ADVERTISING!!! Can't complain about that!

As pickle suggests - put your money where your mouth is rather than complaining about the admins that keep this "FREE TO US" forum going.

If it's that much of an issue, just use tapatalk to upload pictures....and use google to search it.
        Last edited by m_and_m; 25-06-18, 12:44 AM.
        2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
        2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
        Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• MSF
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2009
          • Sydney, Northern Beaches

VBul is $195 to buy.
          Are you really that concerned about the cost - or is it a case of "If it's not broke (even if it's old and lacks all the features now easily available) then leave it be ??..

Comment

• aussieintas
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2013
            • Sorell, Tasmania

A very narrow minded approach in my opinion from the OP. Love this forum with assistance and advice given by all concerned and paid back by many as and when they can and the lack of idiots I have seen posting on many other vehicle forums.

Thanks to the administrators and contributors that keep this forum ticking along magnificently.
            2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
            88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
            92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
            92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
            99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
            95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
            08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Dicko1
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2014
              • Cairns, FNQ

Yep..gotta agree. This site is so antiquated and out of touch its a national disgrace. I,m not interested in seeking people opinions of matters relating to my NW . Not interested in learning how to fix/repair items that have gone wrong. Reading the trip adventures and looking at some first class scenery is of no interest either. You can also forget about the beaut member made/designed accessories many of us have fitted. Dont require a well run forum with broad minded and fair moderators either. In actual fact I dont require anything from this forum except bright neon side boarders, heaps of advertising for massages from Susies Delight (always a winner this advert). Need more advertises on board...4wd supacentre and Club 4x4 would be great member attractors!. I want flashy colour pages with a smiley button as well. Like hell I do. KISS

Been on here 4 years and its like visiting an old mate. Always learning something new, enjoy the yarns and am familiar with the layout....leave well enough alone. Without a doubt one of Australia's premier motoring forums that has a proven track record and will outlast many others as the members are the forum...not the software..I DIPS ME HAT TO THE FOUNDERS AND MODS OF THIS SITE..
              Cheers
              Dicko
              Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Lakey
                • Apr 2012
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                Yep..gotta agree. This site is so antiquated and out of touch its a national disgrace. I,m not interested in seeking people opinions of matters relating to my NW . Not interested in learning how to fix/repair items that have gone wrong. Reading the trip adventures and looking at some first class scenery is of no interest either. You can also forget about the beaut member made/designed accessories many of us have fitted. Dont require a well run forum with broad minded and fair moderators either. In actual fact I dont require anything from this forum except bright neon side boarders, heaps of advertising for massages from Susies Delight (always a winner this advert). Need more advertises on board...4wd supacentre and Club 4x4 would be great member attractors!. I want flashy colour pages with a smiley button as well. Like hell I do. KISS

Been on here 4 years and its like visiting an old mate. Always learning something new, enjoy the yarns and am familiar with the layout....leave well enough alone. Without a doubt one of Australia's premier motoring forums that has a proven track record and will outlast many others as the members are the forum...not the software..I DIPS ME HAT TO THE FOUNDERS AND MODS OF THIS SITE..
                Cheers
                Dicko
                What, he said!
                Cheers
                Lakey

2012 PB Challenger LS manual. White, tinted windows, MM towbar, Rhino Aero Sportz Bars, otherwise pretty much bog standard.

Comment

• Ian H
                  Valued Member
                  • May 2015
                  • Melbourne

It's the information given freely on here which is important, not the software.

I run a BBQ forum and know how much work is involved. We don't have ads either and it costs money to run.....I thank the Admins, Mods and contributors on here for their time and effort without which I'd still be driving a Paj as it was when I drove away from the showroom.
                  2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• NJV6
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • New Zealand

+1 for this being a great forum. And one of a few that has survived the Facebook revolution! Phew.
                    1994 NJ SWB, 3.5 Manual, 285/75/16 Deegan 38s MT, 25mm body lift, Twin ARB air lockers, XD9000 winch, custom bar.
                    1991 NH LWB, 3.9 V8, trayback, solid front axle, Toyota hi mount winch
                    2011 NT GLX DiD, 3.2 Manual, 285/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W, SPV EGR, Lovells SD rear, HD front, Bilsteins, Custom underbody protection, Safari Snorkel, JTig intercooler and loads of zip ties in the dash...

Comment

• Ian H
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2015
                      • Melbourne

Facebook is useless for any discussion on a range of topics like forums provide. Searching Facebook for something is a pain and the posts get lost quickly. A forum like this provides a well structured set up of topics and even today, someone has looked up a thread from 2014 and posted a question. They've obviously done a search and found what they were looking for. Try doing that on Facebook.
                      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• nj swb
                        Resident
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Adelaide

Folks,

Deprecate?

So you don't like the forum software, you express dissatisfaction with the experience, but offer no suggestions other than "more modern form (sic) platforms around".

Criticism is easy. Constructive criticism is tougher. Which platforms are better? Are you going to help pay for them?

I joined the club to help pay for the forum. Will you?
                        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Robin
                          • Nov 2010
                          • monbulk. vic

[QUOTE=tuffpajNT;585868]Folks,

Dear tuffpajNT,

Sorry to hear that you don't like this brown squishy log of a platform, also the BS that is required to upload a picture(s), or easily find and share material is such a pain! I could easily say have sex then go away, but that's been bone lazy. I will try and explain about this forum, if that is ok with you and forum members. This forum is about sharing information about our 4x4's particularly and other stuff relating to 4x4's and general discussions about what's happening with whom, their experience out there in the outback or in the burbs and just making sure who is never needing help with their rig and just general chat about life and things and stuff that makes the world go round. I have been a member of this forum for about 8 years I think roughly, doesn't really matter. We all enjoy passing on information, stories, helping out with somebody problems, or in my case answering my questions when I need help or assistance with my rig. I do have a problem with this forum when some one tries to say I'm to lazy to upload pictures and want to modernise this forum to suit my needs and love all the trashy adds.
                          Too you tuffpajNT, your just another powderpuffNT.

Robin.
                          Robin.
                          Mods. After market cup holders. 4 After market weather shields from ebay that look and work great. No more messy hair NG 1989 V6 3Ltr. Super Wagon. Electric sun roof, cruise control, ashtrays and great seats and new motor.
                          To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Comment

• sharkcaver
                            "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                            • May 2009
                            • Perth

Maybe tuffpajNT could just ask "how do i upload a pic to the forum" Plenty of us here do it all the time and are willing to help you sort that minor technical issue.

See, it's not that hard....

Agreed, the native search function is a bit ordinary, but with a forum that's been in existence for so long, with so many threads/posts that's not surprising either.

So in the spirit of helping others on the forum, I present the following for your perusal:

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

You have to "click here" in the click here box. I cant do it all for you. The first result shown will lead you to a path of shining light.

For the record, the forum has some 53K threads and over 1/2 a million individual posts. No wonder searching specific info can be a chore - but that applies to all forums, not just this one.

Whilst i have the chair, I do agree the brown squish is a bit average, but I just look past the brown stuff and receive the benefits of membership as shitty brown isn't a show stopper to me. There used to be an option to change the skin colour, I cant seem to find that now

I would like the webmaster to enable some of the BB options of direct embedding of both images and youtube links. I have asked this before, but that said, I can live without it because membership here provides me more benefit than a small amount of convenience of having these options enabled as they are on other forums. A small price to pay.

So TuffPajNT, maybe you can tell us you were just having a shitty brown day and needed to vent and ask some of the more learnered friends on here for the help you require to make the forum meet your needs. 40,000 members cant be wrong, surely?

I actually feel a bit guilty that I have been on here nearly a decade, received many benefits over the years and not contributed a single cent to the running of this forum. The cheques in the mail Pickle
                            Last edited by sharkcaver; 25-06-18, 10:09 PM.
                            MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Nab
                              Valued Member
                              • Mar 2012
                              • Perth

This is the only forum I am on that has never had an outage, never failed to load and loads all threads super fast without fail. And the content is second to none. Hell, I sold my Pajero 4 months ago but I still log on most days, hopefully to pass on what I have learnt on here!!!!
                              SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                              NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X