• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sam.cath
    • Dec 2014
    • Sunshine Coast

Cost Effective Maintenance FTC DECARBONIZER

Has anyone come across CEM FTC Decarbonizer??
    According to them, it will reduce/remove the carbon buildup that plagues Pajero's with an EGR. Have attached the SPV mod, but wondering whether this might help too. Could all be snake oil though??
    Have heard good reports of their CRD Fuel Enhancer on this forum, but haven't heard anyone's thoughts on their decarbonizer.
    Website attached:
    Solutions to engine problems e.g. DPF Problems, oil use Power loss, smoke, poor fuel consumption, blow by and overheating

Appreciate some thoughts
    2018 NX DI-D PAJERO GLS

Fuel Manager secondary fuel filter
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

Reading through the details on that product it seems intended for internal engine use, not intake manifolds. If you were to use it on a manifold and it did lift even some of the carbon deposit off then where would all that crap go? Straight into your engine. Don't think I'd like to do that to mine.
    Chris

Comment

• basil
      • Apr 2012
      • Gembrook

Have used it for ever, but it won't clear out your intake manifold as the FTC needs approx 200 degrees C to start oxidising the carbon off.
      There may be a gentle scrubbing action at various loads with the egr hooked up normally, but that working period won't be sustained under normal driving conditions, particularly seeing that you have the egr mod installed.
      Easy to remove and scrub it clean if it is in a bad state.

Cheers,

Comment

• sam.cath
        • Dec 2014
        • Sunshine Coast

Thanks guys.
        Appreciate your thoughts.

Sam
        2018 NX DI-D PAJERO GLS

Comment

• Pilks
          • Jun 2014
          • Perth

I'm on my first tank of diesel using it. Too early to say but I will also be adding the cleanpower product from the next tank. I've been getting a bit of smoke from the exhaust and before I start looking at injectors wanted to see if this would help.
          2004 NP Pajero Exceed 3.2 DID

Smartbar | Pioneer BT/GPS Stereo | General AT LT 265/70/16 | Bonnet Protector | BTA HD Tow Bar | Rhino Sportz Roof Rails | Roof Basket | Sunseeker Awning | Thomas Air Compressor | ARB Dual Battery Kit | 2 Inch West Coast HD Suspension | Reversing Sensors | 22" Light Bar | BD Intercooler Bash Plate and Sump Guard | Boo's Transmission Guard | Roley's Skid Plate | Airtec Snorkel | Bushskinz Sliders | HPD Catch Can

My Pajero Build Page

Comment

• sam.cath
            • Dec 2014
            • Sunshine Coast

Hi Pilks,

I've just purchased the CRD fuel enhancer & am about to start using it.
            Sounds worthwhile for a couple of bucks a tank of diesel.

Sam
            2018 NX DI-D PAJERO GLS

Comment

• basil
              • Apr 2012
              • Gembrook

Pilks I would probably just run a couple of tanks of the ftc through the old girl first just to clean up the injector tips, injector pump and piston crowns, then run the clean power and see how it goes. I find 50ml per tank is sufficient to clean, or until you hear the engine knock increase slightly.
              The only reason I say that is because the ftc burns off the carbon quite quickly depending on the engine load. The higher the cylinder temperature, the quicker the removal will be including the turbo exhaust impellar, exhaust valves and exhaust spaces that run over 200 degrees.

I make a mix of 30 mls of ftc and 25 mls of the clean power which goes into every tank when I fill up. Adjust the levels when you fill up depending on how much is left in the tank of coarse.
              I have noticed that the 3.2 loves this mix once the engine is clean, which for me took a few tankfulls of the ftc.

Cheers,

Comment

• Pilks
                • Jun 2014
                • Perth

Originally posted by basil View Post
                Pilks I would probably just run a couple of tanks of the ftc through the old girl first just to clean up the injector tips, injector pump and piston crowns, then run the clean power and see how it goes. I find 50ml per tank is sufficient to clean, or until you hear the engine knock increase slightly.
                The only reason I say that is because the ftc burns off the carbon quite quickly depending on the engine load. The higher the cylinder temperature, the quicker the removal will be including the turbo exhaust impellar, exhaust valves and exhaust spaces that run over 200 degrees.

I make a mix of 30 mls of ftc and 25 mls of the clean power which goes into every tank when I fill up. Adjust the levels when you fill up depending on how much is left in the tank of coarse.
                I have noticed that the 3.2 loves this mix once the engine is clean, which for me took a few tankfulls of the ftc.

Cheers,
                Thanks for the tip. I did the double dose for the first tank and was planning on a 40-50ml dose for the next tank. I've been noticing a fair bit of white smoke on this tank. It was not there before - just some puffs of black stuff when under load / going up hills etc.
                I was about to use the clean power and FTC together on tank #2 but may now heed your advice and do a few tanks of just FTC before introducing the clean power. The idea of the cleanpower was to treat the injectors.
                2004 NP Pajero Exceed 3.2 DID

Smartbar | Pioneer BT/GPS Stereo | General AT LT 265/70/16 | Bonnet Protector | BTA HD Tow Bar | Rhino Sportz Roof Rails | Roof Basket | Sunseeker Awning | Thomas Air Compressor | ARB Dual Battery Kit | 2 Inch West Coast HD Suspension | Reversing Sensors | 22" Light Bar | BD Intercooler Bash Plate and Sump Guard | Boo's Transmission Guard | Roley's Skid Plate | Airtec Snorkel | Bushskinz Sliders | HPD Catch Can

My Pajero Build Page

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
                  • Apr 2015
                  • Jamisontown NSW

It's a long read but worth it.

Comment

• basil
                    • Apr 2012
                    • Gembrook

Enjoyed the read Jeff, thanks.

Comment

• KiwiNTPajero
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2014
                      • Wellington,New Zealand

the abstract said it all!
                      2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
                      BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• basil
                        • Apr 2012
                        • Gembrook

Still makes you wonder though why Baily's diesel alone have repaired some 7000 common rail injectors with worn spindles well before their recommended service life if our diesel was up to scratch as described in the article.
                        They have started coating injector surfaces with very hard materials to try and stop wear from occurring so soon. Helps with injector rattle which is caused by the above issue.

Cheers,

Comment

• Dicko1
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Cairns, FNQ

2-stroke oil will increase the OZ-value (Oktan) of diesel oil by 3 to 5 points (OZ=x*OZ("2-T oil) + (1-x)* OZ (diesel fuel)). 2-stroke oil does not contain any Zinc-components, and metal-organic additives are virtually absent. This is the main reason why 2-stroke oil burnes cleaner than diesel oil.

Makes the report from Jeff bs. Claims there is zinc in the 2 stroke.
                          I have read quite a few long winded reports on the addition of 2 stroke to diesel and it has definitely been proven to be beneficial. I use it at 250 t0 1 and will continue to. I also add the fuel enhancer fro CEM. Do not use synthetic 2 stroke. Castrol 2T is on special at supercreep at 25% off for 2 days.
                          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Jeffwatkins
                            • Apr 2015
                            • Jamisontown NSW

Makes the report from Jeff bs.

Bah mate. I am only the messenger. Must admit I do talk BS sometimes.

Comment

• ghost
                              • Oct 2015
                              • West Australia

so have started using the CEM products in the NW paj and the 2003 rodeo
                              Am so impressed by the difference it has made to both vehicles.
                              The Paj runs smoother and is much quieter than before with excellent acceleration and I believe it is showing better fuel economy. But have more tanks of fuel to go before I can prove that.

The real improvement has been in the 2003 Rodeo ( now at 380000k)
                              the turbo lag is all but gone the injector rattle is next to nothing and is probably the tappets needing adjustment.
                              Fuel economy is yet to be noted as the other half only does 80 K's a week in it.
                              But the minister for war is also impressed by the improvement in the rodeo and the Paj. To the point that she has commented on the difference.
                              I have used other products to clean/clear the injectors but this one has made the difference.

Now I sound like an advert but credit where it is due

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X