Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Finally got the Challenger Home, and out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wasarangie
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2010
    • Ocean Grove

Finally got the Challenger Home, and out.

The day of delivery came on Wednesday and the rain also, my nice new Challenger got dirty on the way home. It has done 800 klms so this morning on the way back from Port Fairy we dicided to try a few easy tracks. Plenty of mud around in the Otways and some snow here and there, I new it was cold but not that cold.

But so far I am impressed with how it handles and looking forward to some harder tracks soon, when the other wheels are on.

SOLD MY11 PB LS Challenger Manual,

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.
  • BigBloke65
    • Aug 2010
    • SA

Congrats and have fun!
    PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• 900canoes
      Valued Member
      • May 2008
      • FNQ

Dang thats new! In fact, so new the rain has made the number plate letters run.

Thats the model I'm preparing to obtain, congrats.
      2010 (MY11) PB LS Manual. 2017 LS-U DMax spacecab.

Comment

• wasarangie
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2010
        • Ocean Grove

Originally posted by BigBloke65 View Post
        Congrats and have fun!
        Thanks and don't you love that new car smell?

Originally posted by 900canoes View Post
        Dang thats new! In fact, so new the rain has made the number plate letters run.

Thats the model I'm preparing to obtain, congrats.
        Just need to figure out how to make them look like that for the speed cameras. Hope you don't have to wait too long when you order it.

MY18 Ford Ranger Wildtrak, Auto. Smartbar Stealth. Warn 9k winch, Redarc dual battery system. over tub rack system. Minecorp phone mount. Folding Phone and UHF antennae mounts. 9" LED driving lights. Assortment of extras from Tickford.

Comment

• BigBloke65
          • Aug 2010
          • SA

Just looking at your set up wasarangie and noticed you have 2 set of wheels! So you change the wheel everytime you go out bush? Got some powertools to do the switch I reckon! How much is a wheel and where did you get the wheels if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking about getting a 2nd spare see.
          PB Challenger LS Auto 5 seat (White) / Bridgestone D694 AT's / Window Tint / Hayman Reece Towbar / Prodigy brake controller / Factory cargo barrier / DIY False floor / ARB Deluxe Bar / Rear view camera / UHF radio / roof mounted DVD 11 inch screen / Bushskinz protection plates complete set / Extra set of wheels Dueller H/T / OME front springs 0-50kg / OME back springs 0-50kg

Comment

• wasarangie
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2010
            • Ocean Grove

Originally posted by BigBloke65 View Post
            Just looking at your set up wasarangie and noticed you have 2 set of wheels! So you change the wheel everytime you go out bush? Got some powertools to do the switch I reckon! How much is a wheel and where did you get the wheels if you don't mind me asking? I'm thinking about getting a 2nd spare see.
            Yes 2 sets. I have an air jack and cordless impact gun to undo the nuts, and use a bar to do them up, not over tighten with the gun.

I got the tyres for $200 each from a mate that used them once and the rims are from a mining company that went bust and had a liquidation sale, $90.00 each. I travel a lot of klm's a year so running AT or MT tyres all the time was not what I wanted to do. With the tools it only takes a few minutes to change. I also have another car if I can't be bothered changing them over. Also averages out the milage on the vehicles, 350,000 in 6 years realy lowers the tradein value.

Comment

• BigBloke65
              • Aug 2010
              • SA

Originally posted by wasarangie View Post
              a mining company that went bust
              And here I was thinking they all make billions Thanks for the info.

Comment

• WITTNALL
                • Jun 2010
                • Don Valley Victoria

Not bad, just wondering what made you pick Knox Mitsubishi, that would not have been youre closest dealer? Must have been a good deal !!
                If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for the ARB stuff, was it a better deal than going to ARB?
                Have you tried the MT's yet? Love to hear how they went.
                MY 2010 PB LS Challenger White Auto:-Full tint, ARB Deluxe bar with driving lights, Safari Snokel, Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/70/R17's, IPF 900SX Spotties, Kaymar rear step bar/wheel carrier/tow bar, Longrange Automotive 136ltr long range auxiliary tank, King Springs / Koni 40mm lift...

Comment

• wasarangie
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • Ocean Grove

Originally posted by WITTNALL View Post
                  Not bad, just wondering what made you pick Knox Mitsubishi, that would not have been youre closest dealer? Must have been a good deal !!
                  If you dont mind me asking what did you pay for the ARB stuff, was it a better deal than going to ARB?
                  Have you tried the MT's yet? Love to hear how they went.
                  I contacted 7 dealers with the specs that I wanted, only 4 replied with a figure. I have to admit Knox was not the cheapest for the vehicle only, it was as a drive away deal that won out in the end. The savings were on the towbar, window tint and the ARB gear. The ARB gear from Knox is actually cheaper than buying from our local ARB store.

Gorrell in Geelong were the same price as ARB and $150 dearer on the towbar, $80 more for window tint.

Gorrell's and Knox were the 2 best prices. But could have been better if I had purchased a 2010 vehicle, but only black and red that I could find.

I have no issue with buying from a dealer outside of my area, as travel is no big problem when you can save money. Around $1000,00 in this case and $2800.00 for my wifes VW. Is that worth a couple of hours driving? I think it is.

The only issue is that MMA realy don't want anyone buying and installing non-genuine extras, they try to push their own stuff and I understand that, but they also need to supply what the buyers want.

I have not tried the wheels yet, but they will be tested soon. Going to Brisbane on business Tuesday and staying for the V8's on the Gold Coast so next week I should be able to see how they go.

Comment

• WITTNALL
                    • Jun 2010
                    • Don Valley Victoria

What did you think of the fit quality/workmanship of ARB, inparticular the bullbar. How did your inner guards come up...any splits where the bolts attach to the inner guards of the b/bar?
                    MY 2010 PB LS Challenger White Auto:-Full tint, ARB Deluxe bar with driving lights, Safari Snokel, Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/70/R17's, IPF 900SX Spotties, Kaymar rear step bar/wheel carrier/tow bar, Longrange Automotive 136ltr long range auxiliary tank, King Springs / Koni 40mm lift...

Comment

• wasarangie
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • Ocean Grove

Actually happy with the fit and finish of the bar. No splits but it is a bit flimsy, possibly get a mate to make up something to replace the forward lower plastic bit.

Comment

• WITTNALL
                        • Jun 2010
                        • Don Valley Victoria

I was a bit disapointed one side of the inner guard has been split and the other just seems to be hanging mid air, apart from paint work being damaged. I was a little concerned after being on a corrugated road that the front flare had come away from the body!!! I would be interested to hear what you replace the forward lower plastic bit with.

Comment

• ppeter
                          • Feb 2010
                          • Adelaide SA

Both left and right inner guards pretty much disintergrated on a recent 5000km trip. Pointed it out to the dealer ( who had organised bar pre delivery) this week when I took the car in for it's 15000km service and to my surprise they ordered 2 new ones and organised with ARB to take the car and replace them, so I now have to new splash guards which have been fitted much better this time,

Cheers

Peter
                          Last edited by ppeter; 17-10-10, 09:18 PM.
                          Charcoal PB LS Manual Challenger, Towbar, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, IPF 900XS,GME TX3420 uhf, Coopers S/T Maxx 265/70/17, BushSkinz,

www.ppeter.smugmug.com

Comment

• WITTNALL
                            • Jun 2010
                            • Don Valley Victoria

Thanks for the information ppeter l will defintely have something to say to the dealer when l see them next.
                            Just a strange question, l was wondering just how much movement do you get from the bar while driving? Mine shakes so much that you can feel it through the steering, after being on a dirt road l came home just to make sure they had actually bolted it on properly. I have had 4wd's in the past but have never experienced so much movement from a bullbar before!!

Comment

• jimsiron
                              • Feb 2010
                              • Mildura, gateway to the outback

Originally posted by WITTNALL View Post
                              I was a bit disapointed one side of the inner guard has been split and the other just seems to be hanging mid air, apart from paint work being damaged. I was a little concerned after being on a corrugated road that the front flare had come away from the body!!! I would be interested to hear what you replace the forward lower plastic bit with.
                              I have the same problem, looks like an ARB fault in design with attachment to bar, no room for flex.
                              Unfortunately mine was aftermarket fit so can't hit my dealer up for replacement part.
                              Might try ARB though!
                              regards
                              jimsiron
                              2010 manual in Terra Rosa, ARB deluxe bar,Cibie Oscar lights, Redarc dual battery monitor, Factory mats throughout,Redarc remote brake controller, Electraphone UHF, MMA tow bar, Garmin Navman plus the Misses, and plenty of travelling music! Towing a 2011 Jayco Discovery 17.55.3 Outback.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X