• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bing
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Currently QLD

Agquip Gunnedah Camping Sites?

Was thinking about making a dash to AGquip in Gunnedah but even with the power of Google and the intaweb I can't seem to find out if they (the show) provide Camping for Camper trailers or tents nearby? Never been and don't know much. Anyone with first hand knowledge of camping at Agquip?
    2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

• shocker1
    • Jun 2008

Hi Bing,
    Camping is not permitted at the Ag Quip site. The site is closed at 5.00pm each afternoon. You need to be leaving the site at around 3.00pm, as the traffic build up to get out of the place is unbelievable. The car parks are opened at about 7.30 each morning to be able to get the incoming traffic off the highway. Breakfast is usually available at this time. The actual exhibit site gates are not opened until 9.00am.
    As far as camping goes, you can camp in Gunnedah at the caravan park on the old Tamworth Rd, or at the show ground, located between the railway overpass bridge & the View St. roundabout. Some people even camp on the river bank off the Kelvin Rd, or wherever they find a spot to pull up. Accomodation is always very tight in Gunnedah & surrounding towns at Ag Quip time. Most people rebook their accomodation as they leave, for next year. I will be there on the Wednesday & Thursday, but I don't go to the site before 9.30/10.00am & leave by 3.00pm, to avoid most of the traffic.

Matt.

Comment

• G Potter
      • Apr 2012
      • Colac

Bing,
      I have just downloaded an app for a smart phone called wikicamp, cost 1.99. You can enter towns and it will bring up a map and camp sites near there both caravan parks and free camps. This may help you out.
      Greg

Comment

• Bing
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2009
        • Currently QLD

Thanks guys. Might leave it to next year and be a bit more prepared.
        2010 Platinum LE. Cool Silver, Auto, DiD, MM Rear Difflock. HD MM Tow bar and Lift Kit. Buzz Racks.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X