• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brissyguy
    • Apr 2012
    • Brisbane

NS suspension upgrade time and questions

Hi All

I have been reading a lot of info with pro and cons on what to install under the NS LWB

I'm looking at new shocks and springs with the aim of a 2 inch lift, use is normal mix of beach and bush, tow a decent sized camper trailer regularly, no bull bar on the front or extra heavy additions.

Can any one recommend setup they used and found good. I have to keep cost to a reasonable level too, but I know you get what you pay for, so looking at the good balance of value for money.

Looking to install myself then get aligned , o if anyone hasome pointers be appreciated.
    Mazda BT 50, dual cab, silver, 60 ltr fridge freezr, UHF , bullbar, sports bar

More to come as can afford it

Retired the old NS
  • justcruizin
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2008
    • Brisbane

After a lot of reading here, I went with the Bilsteins and Lovell SD combo with airbags for when I tow the camper. I dont have a bullbar so didn't need the HD springs. As the car is not fully loaded all the time, I think the SD are the way to go. It is firmer than OEM, gives you the lift and is not too harsh a ride when not loaded up. When I hook up the camper, and load the car up, the airbags keep everything level without loosing any height. My camper is not light either. $1500 all up from Bushskinz plus 250 fitting including alignment.
    08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

• pauld
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Melbourne

Talk to Kieron at Bushskinz. I have lovells / bilstein, HD front (diesel), SD rear. I tow a light weight aluminum camper (1100 loaded) + my rear only has dogs, no gear, any more than that then HD rear required or airbags. I installed myself, hard work compressing front springs. There are some good threads on here showing how to do. Very happy with suspension been in for about 50K
      2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• gjh1967
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2007
        • Lake Macquarie

Hi Brissyguy

I've got Ironman under mine with Polyair in the rear for towing.
        $620 from Singleton Mitsubishi supply only.

So far so great

Cheers Glenn
        2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.

Comment

• onallfour
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2010
          • Camden, Sydney

Kieron (Bushskinz)fixed me up with lovells and bilsteins front and rear. HD as i have bull bar, winch, dual batteries and rear has aux tank and have a camper sometimes so polyairs to fix it when i tow. Great setup.
          Cool Silver 09 VRX, tinted glass all around, 2 inch HD lovells, bilsteins, poly airbags, Airtek snorkel, dual battery, ARB deluxe winch bar, Lightforce 240's, Warn winch, Bushskinz full bash plates, UHF, scangauge, Bogaard turbo timer, towbar, 65 ltr brown davis fuel tank, on board ARB compressor + outlets, 50A anderson on towbar, rear diff lock-traction control modification, diff breathers, in-dash battery voltmeters, EGR blank, hacked navman, Cooper AT3's, Stebel horns.

Comment

• Brissyguy
            • Apr 2012
            • Brisbane

Thanks for feedback sounds like the Lowell's and bilstem the choice. I'll have chat to keiron and see what he recommends
            Mazda BT 50, dual cab, silver, 60 ltr fridge freezr, UHF , bullbar, sports bar

More to come as can afford it

Retired the old NS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X