• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dan40d
    • Feb 2010
    • Newcastle, NSW

Ordered my new Challenger

Hi all,
    Found the site a few weeks ago when researching the new challenger, seem to be a friendly bunch so i thought i'd post away.

After alot of stress i finally ordered the new challenger on friday, will be my first real 4wd. I ordered a Charcoal LS manual with window tint, roof racks, tow pack and rear park assist. Main purpose of the car is for work and weekend play (nothing too hard core) so mods will be limited for now, rear storage for all the work crap and camping will be the first priority and then probably some decent AT rubber. I havent' got a firm date on delivery yet but was told to expect about 8 weeks which is fair, but still a hard wait.

With the Barringtons, Stockton and Wattagans at my back door i can't wait to get into it, i've never seen snow so hopefully the Barringtons have some good falls this year.

Cheers,
    Dan.
    PB Challenger, Charcoal, Manual, stock so far

www.danielallenphotography.com
  • Ballfyboy
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2007
    • Brisbane

Good on you, I hope you get lots of use and fun from it.
    NX Pajero with a ARB Frontier LR tank and some semi-big ideas.

Comment

• dultim8
      • Feb 2010

Hi Dan
      Congrats on the purchase.
      Let us know when u get ur car and maybe we can catch up. I live in Sydney. I think most of the people ive seen from on here are not from NSW.
      All the best

Comment

• ppeter
        • Feb 2010
        • Adelaide SA

Congrats Dan, sounds almost identical to what I have ordered, still waiting ( nearly a week on ) for a delivery date !
        Charcoal PB LS Manual Challenger, Towbar, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, IPF 900XS,GME TX3420 uhf, Coopers S/T Maxx 265/70/17, BushSkinz,

www.ppeter.smugmug.com

Comment

• nervis
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2009
          • Central West NSW

Congrats! Its going to be very interesting to see the sales figures on these things.. Seams Mitsu cant get them into the country fast enough to fill orders!
          Mick: MY15 NX GLX Manual DID, SprintBooster, EGR blank, Redarc remote EBC on factory loom, GME UHF, TJM Snorkel.

Comment

• dan40d
            • Feb 2010
            • Newcastle, NSW

Thanks all, will be great to get it.

Peter i actually read your post in the other thread, we'll have to compare photos when we get them. My guy at the dealer is going to ring me back tomorrow with an approximate date, i'm told 8 weeks is worst case scenario, but i'm not holding my breath. I found it a little strange that Mitsubishi Australia is only importing manuals as special order (so i was told), the dealer i bought mine off apparently has sold 11 challengers so far, 7 of them have been manuals.

I'll be keen to catch up with a few locals once i get it, would be good to get some local knowledge on places close to home, i will probably do one of the local driver courses as well to make sure i stay safe offroad.

Cheers,
            Dan.

Comment

• ppeter
              • Feb 2010
              • Adelaide SA

My dealer called this morning said they now have a VIN for my order and expect vehicles to arrive late march for early april delivery.

Cheers

Peter
              Charcoal PB LS Manual Challenger, Towbar, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, IPF 900XS,GME TX3420 uhf, Coopers S/T Maxx 265/70/17, BushSkinz,

www.ppeter.smugmug.com

Comment

• dan40d
                • Feb 2010
                • Newcastle, NSW

Peter i heard back from my dealer as promised today as well, vehicle needs to be built but they have told me mid april delivery, which doesn't really worry me as i'm off to Tassie end of next week for 3 weeks, so by the time i'm back it should be nearly here.

Interestingly though, the dealer found 2 Charcoal manuals in other dealerships in NSW but the other dealers were not willing to swap, doesn't worry me either as they were '09 plated vehicles.

Cheers,
                Dan.

Comment

• MLC
                  • Mar 2010

I am also looking ay buying a demo model that is 09 plated, is that going to be an issue?

Comment

• Wolf
                    • Jan 2010

The 09 plate is only an issue for resale. A December 2009 vehicle is a 2009 vehicle none-the-less. When it come to Red Book value, trade-in or sale, it will considered a year older than a January 2010 vehicle.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X