PDA

View Full Version : Seeking A/C compressor for Gen2 NH model

craka
02-02-10, 12:40 PM
Ok my A/C compressor seems to have to much friction when switched on and keeps tearing belts, including after replacing idler pulleys. Where would be the best place to source a replacement?

Cheers.

Also does anyone have the part number for it? Thanks

bigD
06-02-10, 07:12 AM
Ok my A/C compressor seems to have to much friction when switched on and keeps tearing belts, including after replacing idler pulleys. Where would be the best place to source a replacement?

Cheers.

Also does anyone have the part number for it? Thanks

i have the same problem,still havnt sorted it out but ive talked to afew people about it and rumour has it there are 3 different types of compressors that are available for the NH,

so you have to remove the old one first to get the part number then you can chase up a replacement.......thats why i havnt sorted it out yet LOL

MUMSRIG
01-03-10, 10:38 PM
Any more info on this problem? I have just bought an NH and it didn't have an AC belt fitted. Maybe this was the reason?

So what actually happens and what is the cause?

Cheers

Mitch

MUMSRIG
09-03-10, 10:01 AM
I was waiting for it... This happened to me on the way home from work yesterday.

Brand new belt and it is now torn in one spot. The belt is now also really hard. Seems to have been heated up to breaking point then the rubber cooled which has caused it to loose it's flexibility?

The idler pulley is showing signs of heat in the V groove as there is a slight skim of melted rubber or melted pulley in the V.

Does anyone know what causes this problem? Is it actually the compressor or something else?

I will do some investigation myself and relay my findings.

Cheers

scooter85
11-04-10, 01:15 PM
hi there i have a spare A/C i will check the part number if any one wants it in good condition