PDA

View Full Version : aftermarket lift and polyairs

sharkcaver
29-01-10, 10:01 PM
So I'm trying to determine what pressure to run in my polyairs with HD lovells in the rear. The literature states to keep a min of 5psi, ok, I can comprehend this. However it states to fully inflate (30psi) pre-loading up and once loaded, to reduce pressure until original ride height is maintained. So by deduction, fully inflating your bags should produce lift when unladen which you then lower to standard after the load is added. I did some experimentation with unladen pressures and I could achieve no lift. So do you fully inflate, load up and then reduce pressure until you see some sag starting to happen???? I have an aux fitted and I transfered this weight into the main tank to see what effect this produced. It gained 10mm of lift on the LHS and no difference to the RHS (main tank is RHS, so I can understand the differences here). Are my HD springs just too HD to produce lift from fully inflating the bags? I believe I have the 2" lift version of polyairs going by the number printed on the box, but the bags themselves had a 401...number (wish I recorded it now) which doesn't equate to either the standard or lifted version of bags. I would be interested to find out the experiences of others with the same set up and greatfull of any advice you could provide.

Cheers,

Shane.

steveandviv
29-01-10, 10:21 PM
Yes, you already have the max lift they are going to provide. As my old Lovells got sad I ended up running 25 PSI all the time around town etc. I didn't know how stuffed the springs were untill we went on our 6 month trip across Aus and they sagged really bad. ended up blowing a bag up. I now have new Extra HD Lovells ready to go in and they will not require Pollys as they are so hard, hope not to hard but we carry a ton of gear around.

So I wouldn't fret that you not getting to much lift. The test will be with load and the ability of the to hold the lift you have IMP

kunsan
30-01-10, 02:24 AM
The polyairs come in either a 0-1" lift or a 1-2" lift..

Just a thought, but do you have a part number there? ;)

sharkcaver
30-01-10, 11:01 AM
The polyairs come in either a 0-1" lift or a 1-2" lift..

Just a thought, but do you have a part number there? ;)

Yep, its the lifted part number so I'm sure the bags are correct. I checked before installing.

Shane.

entropy
30-01-10, 02:24 PM
Pearcie or someone else might be able to answer this better, but my understanding is that the Polyairs don't provide additional lift, and are there simply to support the rear springs when under additional load.

Have not had my Polyairs long, but I'm running them at 20psi when the Kimberley Kamper is hitched on behind - all good so far, no sag.

sharkcaver
30-01-10, 02:59 PM
Have not had my Polyairs long, but I'm running them at 20psi when the Kimberley Kamper is hitched on behind - all good so far, no sag.

You got yours same time as me, but mine only got fitted this week. Did you go the HD or MD springs and how do you find their performance. I must say, so far I'm impressed with the HD's.

Shane.