• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • icysyrup
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • USA

Got a GOOD snow storm!!

Went out on the trail today. Had a blast. Lots and lots of trees were bent over or on the trail cause of the weight of the snow on them. Could hear the limbs cracking and falling all around us while we would stop to move a tree on the trail. Was about 12-18 inches at the top of the trail.The main trail we take was totally blocked by limbs and trees bent over so we settled for going up the much easier FS Road. We used the winches lots to clean out a lot of deadfalls for anyone else in the future. So it was worthwhile.
    I thought it was a very beautiful ride. Made me miss the "Canadian snow" I am used to and grew up in. My son and I had a great time in the snow and had fun scaring the "first time offroader" passengers. Here are the pics I took.

03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.
  • Rexy
    • Oct 2007
    • Wodonga

Thanks - Very nice pics.

Not much like that down here in Aus.

Cheers Matt
    Matt

TOTTIE the Blue Paj
    '02 NM Exceed, Lovells shocks and springs 2" lift, 32" Maxxis Bighorns MTs, ARB bull bar, 9500lb Warn winch with rope, snorkel, Lightforce driving lights, diff breathers, TJM sump & trannie bash plates, UHF, GPS, doovalackkies, fire exstinguisher, Rhino Rack & tray, Dual Batteries, whatchamicallits, Fourby Fitouts rear storage system, Engel 40L, fold down table, extractors

Comment

• Pickle
      Administrator
      • Jun 2007
      • All over Oz

Yeah great photos.....and a snowman!!!
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Zed
        • Jun 2008
        • Hunter Valley

Excellent pic's Icysyrup, looks a bit cool

Comment

• icysyrup
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • USA

It was 33 degrees. Great weather in my opinion.
          03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Great pictures- thanks for sharing, looks amazing

Comment

• CeeJay
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2008
              • Samford, QLD

Originally posted by icysyrup View Post
              It was 33 degrees. Great weather in my opinion.
              That's amazing mate - it's 33 degrees here too!

Not much snow though so I guess that's the diff between Fahrenheit and Celsius!

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• icysyrup
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • USA

Ya just a little difference between 33F and 33C. Canada goes by Celcius and I miss it.

Comment

• wizard
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Chelsea, Melbourne

Ya just a little difference between 33F and 33C. Canada goes by Celcius and I miss it.
                  Beautiful location. Thanks for sharing. I assume it was powder snow. We dont get that here. And if we do, its for a short period only.

Where was it taken? Are you using chains or snow tyres or both?

Comment

• icysyrup
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2007
                    • USA

We were pushing powder snow. My buddy had 36s on and occasionally would touch his center differential on the axle in the snow.It was 12-18inches deep at the top. I never had probs with clearance. I have just been running my Super Swamper LTB's and they did just fine aired down to 20psi. This was a very wet heavy snow which is normal for this area in Eastern Tennessee, but what is nice is that its staying cold enough for it to stick around for a week over xmas. Usually its gone and melted within 2 days or so like you all have.

Comment

• NJ94
                      Valued Member
                      • May 2009
                      • Melbourne East

Gee that Mitsu looks wicked!! I loved the pics, shame I didn't see them yesterday when it was 43 celsius here in Melbourne.

In case you don't know Melbourne it has an undeserved reputation for erratic weather. One South Australian complained to me once and I said melbourne is the ice-hole of Australia. He just said he wouldn't comment other than to say that he disagreed with my pronunciation.
                      "We have two lives, and the second begins when we realise we have only one." Confucius (551-479 B.C.)

MN Triton GLX Plus, dual batteries, ARB winchbar, Airtec snorkel and 3T towbar. Love it!!

Comment

• Dazza.
                        Valued Member
                        • Aug 2009
                        • Northern Territory

Canada goes by Celcius and I miss it.
                        USA and Canada are the same thing aren't they??? hehehhe
                        COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• Dazza.
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • Northern Territory

Originally posted by NJ94 View Post
                          One South Australian complained to me once and I said melbourne is the ice-hole of Australia. He just said he wouldn't comment other than to say that he disagreed with my pronunciation.
                          Hahahahahaa - funny. Not far from the truth lol
                          COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

• icysyrup
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2007
                            • USA

Originally posted by Dazza. View Post
                            USA and Canada are the same thing aren't they??? hehehhe
                            Neighbors yes, but far from the same thing.....lol....We are enjoying a nice cold snowy winter here for once. I am loving it. Sad thing is people in the south USA where I live really dont know how to deal with snow they cancel school and crap their pants when they see one snowflake in the air. Nice thing is that when it snows there are tons of idiots to go and tow out.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X