• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allanmac
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Eastern Suburbs Vic

Phone Track

With the seasonal closures over, a few of the 'almaniac' crew decided to head up to Tallarook...again... with 3 of the vehicles wanting to have a up Phone & Steep Tks.... There were 5 vehicles in total, with 4 of them 'twin locked' & 2 running 35" Simexs & the other 35" Baja Claws. Jason in the Luxobarge' was running his muddies & I was on my A/T's, so both of us had no intention of trying the track under any circumstances, plus we both like our cars to stay in one piece where possible...

After a few tracks along the way, Jase & myself headed up mountain Tk, then down the top section to meet the others at the 'narly' section of Phone. Phil, who drives a comp 80 series had stopped half way the right hand track whilst Simon & Thommo were deciding what would be the best approach to the harder LH side....

So it was Thommo who was the 'guinea pig' & off he headed & straight away it was time for the winch...

After winching most of the way, a little panel damage.. & a clutch feeling a little worse for wear, Thommo reached the top.

It was now Simon's turn....
    NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.
  • allanmac
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Eastern Suburbs Vic

Simon commenced & straight away out came the winch... After Thommo had sustained some panel damage along with damage to his 'sliders', there was a little 'track building' so Simon did not suffer the same fate..

Simon got to the top with only a little damage to his sliders, then Phil continued up the RHS, also using his winch.

From there, we headed off to Magazine Track.
    NL Pajero,F&R airlockers, reduction gears, Ironman susp, ARB bullbar, Tigerz winch, Uniden UHF, roolite driving lights, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib &, BFG KM2' tyres

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

• allanmac
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Eastern Suburbs Vic

Heading along Magazine Tk, was a little perplexed as why it was a seasonal closure.., until we arrived at the 'bog hole'... Bypass was available, but TRhommo being the mudlark he is, wanted to have a go. After checking depth etc, told him to give it a miss, but Toyota drivers do not listen. In he went & just sank...

Towed out, but not prepared to surrender, he had another go & this is where it all went pearshaped...

Clutch got full of soot & crap & stayed fully engaged. It was then decided we needed to tow him back to Yarra Glen & after a long slow process the high pressure wash removed all the crap. Thommo was now keen to do some more 4wding, so up to Toolangi we went at about 6pm; that is another story...

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Good stuff Alan. What's Steep track like nowadays? Tell Thommo he's nuts
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• allanmac
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2007
          • Eastern Suburbs Vic

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          Good stuff Alan. What's Steep track like nowadays? Tell Thommo he's nuts
          Dave
          totally agree Dave...

Didnt get to Steep Tk at either Tallarook or Toolangi, but from all reports, the one at Tallarook is not for the faint hearted, or those who have some pride in keeping their 4wd's intact...

BTW Pickle, will see you in the H/C on Aust day weekend as I will be camping just up the 'road' from you guys.
          Last edited by allanmac; 16-12-09, 08:35 AM.

MUD SUCKS.

Comment

• Ranger J
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Perth, Western Australia

Cool pics allanmac. Interesting seeing the MWB Cruiser with coils up front and leaf rear.
            NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

• redpaj
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Ranger J View Post
              Cool pics allanmac. Interesting seeing the MWB Cruiser with coils up front and leaf rear.
              he was going to coil the rear as well but changed his mine since it handles well how it is.

Oh and I am now happy since Ive finly got o drive the hard line of phone track now I should try at taking the paj up it since it runs bigger tyres than the patrol.

Simon

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X