PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen External Rubber Trim issue

dehydrated
10-12-09, 11:12 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with my external windscreen rubber trim where it is not sitting straight in some places and keeps popping out in one corner. The windscreen has been replaced recently by the previous owner and the job was a bit dodgy and they could not tell me where the job was done?

Any ideas on how the trim can be straigtened up and resecured?

rosahan
10-12-09, 11:49 AM
I've had the same problem at the passenger upper corner. The windscreen replacer, RACV, provides a lifetime warranty so I have been back and they glued it down with some sort of silicone sealant. Only problem is there is a loud clicking noise when there is water in the gap and it is being driven over about 40 kmh. It doesn't appear to leak though. I will be going back again soon as the noise is most annoying.
regards
Lindsay

MickyDeee
10-12-09, 03:47 PM
The best way to rectify the problem is to redo the job , may have to even replace the moulding , bear in mind it isnt a seal and is only there for looks.

Mike.

dehydrated
10-12-09, 04:13 PM
The best way to rectify the problem is to redo the job , may have to even replace the moulding , bear in mind it isnt a seal and is only there for looks.

Mike.

Thanks Mike. Is this a DIY job? If so, what do you recommend to stick it back down with? Not sure how it is held on there.

MickyDeee
10-12-09, 06:07 PM
Without seeing it , it is hard to say what you could do, my prefered option would be to remove the windscreen and start again.
It is possible that you may be able to get the moulding stuck down , best bet is to take it to a winscreen company.

Mike.