• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robbo44
    • Oct 2007
    • Sydney

Creaking noise in NP DID front end

Have a 2004 NP DID has 55 on clock, with OME suspension, have done Central Aus including Strezlecki & Oodnadatta. In the 12 mths since has developed a loud creaking noise in front end which is only evident at low speed especially when turning (is there all the time). MMA can't find a problem, 4WD mechanic thinks its the ball joints. Mate who is a mechanic says the ball joints are slightly worn, but not enough to be a concern for sometime. No other problems evident.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar or have any suggestions. Thanks
    04 NP DID, alloy bar, snorkel, OME, Long Range Tank, dual battery
  • vinceb
    • Aug 2007
    • Banora Point NSW

Hi Robbo.
    My NP has just started making a similiar noise(in reverse).I have upgraded suspension & will take the vehicle back to installer next week.
    Will let you know what they find.
    Vince

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
    Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

• Old Paj
      Pajero Club Life Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Heathcote, Vic

Creaking Noise

I would suggest having a look at the swaybar and suspension bushes. These could (especially after prolonged dust exposure) cause this sort of issue. Had a similar problem with the old NB Paj I had. Turned out to be the front sway bar bushes causing the noise.
      NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• marquis
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007
        • Newcastle

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
        Ifront sway bar bushes causing the noise.
        I second this on previous vehicle

Else the spring mounts.

Must pull it apart to fix it properly.
        --
        Marquis
        SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• Muzza
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Nsw

[QUOTE=Old Paj;5278]I would suggest having a look at the swaybar and suspension bushes. These could (especially after prolonged dust exposure) cause this sort of issue.

I had this problem on my NP at about the same k's
          replaced the front sway bar rubbers ( genuine only) and problem fixed
          Muzza
          Muzza
          2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
          2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
          2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• icysyrup
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • USA

x2 on the sway bar rubbers where it mounts to the vehicle. Replace those(they are pretty cheap fix) and the noise should be solved. If not check into the ball joints but mroe than likely its the old worn out sway bar rubbers.
            03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• GOBO
              • Jun 2007
              • Melbourne Aust

I have had a metal squeak that was due to the the intercooler bash plate being bent (sand driving etc) its a Mits Alloy one. The retaining nuts on the bolts that secure the grill mesh were rubbing on the sway bar. Very noticeable when turning in and out the drive. At speed you can't hear it above all the other noise.
              Regards
              GOBO

11 NT DID Auto, Bushskinz Intercooler Plate, Brown Davis Sump & Trans Steel Plates, ARB Colour Coded Bar, Light Force Lights, GME Radios fixed and handheld, SME Draws, Waeco Fridge, Dual Batteries, Milford Barrier, BFG ATR's.

Comment

• Matt-NMexceed
                • Jul 2007

Know the sound well - on my NM with OME one of the shocker lower bushes had chopped out - would quieten down for a while with a spray of grease but in the end had to replace the strut as the bush is not a part that OME supply.

Matt
                2001 NM Exceed 3.5 auto, OME suspension,extractors, PIAA H4 combination driving / fog lights, Factory Alloy Bar, BFG's, dark dark tint !! - love this car !

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X