• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • farmer joe
    • Oct 2007
    • SA

Difficult to read guages

Hi all,

Test drove a new GLX NT 3.2 yesterday..very nice!!! We have been more than happy with our 05 DID and wasn't expecting the NT to be a lot better but....for a demo vehicle which had only done 350km and a long way to go to be run in, I found it to be very responsive and able to achieve sub 10k/l at 110kmh..so I don't expect to have trouble achieving sub 9k/L when it is run in.

We are actually looking into the special action model but will see how we go.

One question which I do have of current owners is this...I found that with the backlighting of the speedo/tacho dimming when the headlights are on, and while I am wearing my sunglasses, it became quite difficult to read the display. Is this just me or am I missing something?

Thanks all,

Andrew
  • tlmarti
    • Oct 2009
    • Warwick QLD

They have 2 settings for the instrument panel illumination. You set each one individually depending on whether the lights are on or off.

Comment

• farmer joe
      • Oct 2007
      • SA

Ok, many thaks for that.

Comment

• matthewfnorbert
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2007

it may also be the type of sun glass lenses you have.. try a different pair to confirm. i have no issues but have in past vehicles with different glasses.

or

you may be getting old like the rest of us!!!!!
        SWB NT X DiD its R E D

SWB NS X DiD that's double D's !! Retired

Comment

• Walker
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2007

Can't say that I have ever had the headlights on at the same time as wearing sunglasses.
          thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
          1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

• paulisok
            • Oct 2009
            • Brisbane North Side

I had the same issue when I drove my first one and turned the lights on during daylight, then I realised there is a setting to adjust the backlight and now I can read it fine.

"Don't argue with an Idiot
            They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

2009 NT GLX 3.2 DiD Auto, Ironbark, MM Alloy Bull Bar, TJM Classique Side Steps, Fogs, GME TX3440 UHF, Dual Battery, Pajero Sports Roof Racks, DIY Rear Storage, Fridge, Tint, Tow, and loviin it.

Considering Mods; OME Sports Suspension, Snorkel

Comment

• Doogsy
              • Jun 2009
              • Adelaide - South coast

The push button to reset the A/B trip readout also acts as a rheostat if you turn it and can adjust the back light.

Comment

• ozwrangler
                • Jul 2007
                • Jervis Bay area

Don't find it a problem at all
                2009 Mitsubishi Pajero NT GL, Diesel, Auto, Rear diff lock, side airbags, 3000kg towpack, Milford cargo barrier, Rhino roof rails+ bars, Teshonka Prodigy brake controller

Comment

• diy dave
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Doogsy View Post
                  The push button to reset the A/B trip readout also acts as a rheostat if you turn it and can adjust the back light.
                  Thanks for the info, I was going to ask how.
                  09. nt did gls. Running Castrol edge synthetic engine oil. ARB deluxe bar ,duel batteries, H/R towbar, Long ranger tank,TJM h/d springs, mild lift, bilsteins, polaris in dash dvd/gps/topo/ 2 cameras. lightforce spotties.cargo barrier, fridge slide/engel. extra 12v socket in left rear.Anderson plug, Icom 440 UHF.CB. neoprene seat covers, dashmat, Hyland hitch on caravan for rear door clearance.

Comment

• David Anderson
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • Albury

Caught me out as well.

I remember swearing at the 'numb nuts' that designed the dials until I found adjustment..
                    09 NT GL manual.

www.twigwater.com - My fly fishing blog.

http://www.dsaphoto.com

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X