PDA

View Full Version : how do i adjust tailgate

gv2003
23-10-09, 01:21 PM
Hi i have a 92 nh . dose any one out there know how to adjust the tail gate as it has dropped . and now drags the bumper bar and has to be lifted to close the door

PJDM1980
24-10-09, 05:16 AM
Not a 100% sure but i know that worn pajero back door hinges are common problems and may need replacing altogether.

green monster
24-10-09, 06:52 AM
there might be some adjustment in it ?? try (after removing the spare)to loosen the bolts and lift it up then re tighten,,surely ther would be some movement in it??
When i worked at Holdens we would just bend the doors until they fitted, its amazing how much glass can flex !!!
disclaimer----- if it shatters dont blame me,,lol

Dave68
27-10-09, 09:12 AM
Remove spare. Then remove tool kit door liner rubber grommets near hinges you will find bolts under these as well as inside the door loosen these slightly get someone to either lift the door or tighten the bolts whilst you lift. Check fit adjust as necessary. David

arnijr
05-11-09, 08:38 PM
Check for play in the hinges as well. If they are well worn you'll never get it right just by adjusting them. I just had my upper hinge re-sleeved and the pin replaced, the lower one had already been done by a previous owner.

Now I get to put them back on and do the adjustment. If I learn anything while doing that I'll let you know ;)

perspex
06-05-16, 04:02 AM
don't know if its the same set up , mine is a uk mk111 , (shogun) mine was catching and letting in water at top
I supported rear cargo door with a trolley jack sat on a stand , loosened the retaining bolts and slowly jack the cargo door up , then re tightened bolts
the scuffing was cured but still letting in water , seal was in good order
as per previous post I went the old fashioned way after that and forced back into shape by bending the top of the door
water can test all cured