PDA

View Full Version : Scratches and chips repairs

huarache24
04-10-07, 10:09 PM
Hi all,

Anyone done a touch up job on the lower half (silver panels) before? If so, how did it turn out? I got an NK SWB and am considering repairing the scratches myself (the rear left bar). Any tips on what I need (primer type etc) prior to doing it? I managed to get the right paint codes for it so that bit is at least sorted...any help is appreciated. Cheers.

Pickle
05-10-07, 08:10 AM
Did the silver on the sills on the Paj before I sold it. Just wipe the area over with turps or prepsol let dry and give the area a fine sand. No primer etc, just coated with top coat .....say about four or five light coats and Bobs your uncle. Come up pretty good and having decent spray gear helps.
Dave

huarache24
16-10-07, 07:26 AM
did the panels and turned out 10/10. i was a bit worried as i have never painted anything before let alone car panels. it took me a few weeks to finally do all the little annoying bits (plastic parts for the interior, clips, etc) but i now have it perfect. got a new pioneer dvd player with all the extras (bluetooth, gps, reverse camera, line in aux) and am now a very happy paj owner. its amazing how all these little bits make a difference...i was thinking about getting a new shorty simply because my current one had some bits needing a bit of effort but definitely worth it...cheers. its like new again :)