PDA

View Full Version : Help Gen 2 Tailgate trim removal

sharky
13-09-09, 10:56 AM
Need ya help on how to remove the lower inside trim on my NK tailgate.
#1 Do I have to remove the upper trim (around window) to get bottom one off ?.
#2 Does the toolkit have to be removed ?.
#3 After taking the little screw out of the inside door handle how the hell do ya get it out as it feels like something is still holding it ?.
#4 Are both the trims held by clips and just a matter of levering them off ?(no screws except for the actual handle).
Is there anything else I should know when doing this?
Any help appreciated as I dont want to break things getting them off
Cheers Steve

m1s3ry
13-09-09, 12:53 PM
The bottom comes off separately. I think you have to remove the tool kit and then it pops/clips off.

sharky
13-09-09, 02:09 PM
Thanks m1s3ry, any tips with the door handle/opener I took the screw out but still couldnt get the shroud to come off

Fro
13-09-09, 06:48 PM
It would be best to remove the upper trim, toolkit and and handle to do it properly. I cheated and got lazy when I did mine. I just removed the bottom clips and used some tools to grab the wire and stick it where I wanted it to go.

sharky
13-09-09, 06:57 PM
Thanks Fro, mate the handle not the one to pull the door closed the handle to get out of the cargo area if it closes on ya. any idea how to get the shroud surrounding the handle off. I took the screw out but it felt as though something was still holding it and I didnt want to break it

Fro
13-09-09, 09:44 PM
I was lazy and didn't bother taking anything off. I just popped off the bottom clips and pried the trim off far enough to thread the cable through.

Wiseowl
13-09-09, 11:06 PM
Thanks Fro, mate the handle not the one to pull the door closed the handle to get out of the cargo area if it closes on ya. any idea how to get the shroud surrounding the handle off. I took the screw out but it felt as though something was still holding it and I didnt want to break it
hi take the screw out of the handle and it should slide to one side I think it slides to the right side to come off it has like a hook on the left end that pushes under the trim to lock it in place then the screw holds it.. I had mine off as I had to tighten the number plate holder. I just took the lower skin off I gently pulled it so the clips popped and it came right off tool kit out as well.

sharky
14-09-09, 07:31 PM
Cheers Wiseowl thanks mate will give it a go

marty moose
16-09-09, 03:43 PM
Need ya help on how to remove the lower inside trim on my NK tailgate.
#1 Do I have to remove the upper trim (around window) to get bottom one off ?.
#2 Does the toolkit have to be removed ?.
#3 After taking the little screw out of the inside door handle how the hell do ya get it out as it feels like something is still holding it ?.
#4 Are both the trims held by clips and just a matter of levering them off ?(no screws except for the actual handle).
Is there anything else I should know when doing this?
Any help appreciated as I dont want to break things getting them off
Cheers Steve

#1 No just the handle to close the door it makes it easier.
#2 Yes
#3 The little screw holds the surround it comes off from right to left as you face it. The door handle is held on by a larger screw behind it also has the lock unlock and door opening rods attached.
#4 Clips only you can buy a tool to get them off but just lift gently and even all round.

MM

sharky
17-09-09, 07:02 PM
Thanks for that Marty, Cheers Mate

sharky
04-10-09, 08:53 PM
Done the job all finished thanks all for the help

Vicks
15-11-11, 08:35 PM
Hi, anybody know how to remove the front & rear door trims ? I want to add some sound insulation between plastic parts to sort out the noises.

i recently took out all the A/C vents/louvres and stuck a few pieces of foam on the edges before fitting them back. This has eliminated all the squeaks from them.

Now i want to take the door trims out and do the same, but i am unable to remove them from the doors.

I have removed all the screws shown in below pic including the door handle screw under the rubber cover on it, but the trim doesn't want to come out.
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n103/vicky250gt/Pajero/doortrim.jpg

the tweeter came out easily (single clip) but the fake wood trim doesn't want to come out, unlike the ones on the dash board. The window sill doesn't come out either. can anyone help me out with a step-by-step on how to remove the door trims ?

thanks