X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JanP
    • Nov 2007

Recovery Points - again!!!

I have searched the web and looked at large number of postings, including some on this forum. I have also looked at the video on the testing Mitsubishi has done. The question is, has anyone done any serious recovery, ie: deep sand, mud or any other difficult recovery situations, using the front recovery points on the Pajero. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I own a 2004 NP Pajero.
  • WogsRus
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2008
    • Hobart Tasmania

yeah look here

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

thats a 12000lb snap going bang.

No issues at all with the paj. not eaven a wink of any dmaber ect
    HAD 2007 NS GLX Pajero, 3.8L grunt, ex Cop,

NOW 50th Anniversary Simpson Edition Poootrol wit some fruit

"Speed doesn't kill. It's the sudden stop at the end"
    "Live everyday as if it was your last, and some day it will"

Comment

• Fro
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2009
      • Nundah, QLD

I got stuck in some soft sand on an incline and had to be pulled up by a mid sized Suzuki. With the snatch strap it was easy and I was out in no time.

Have you looked through your owners manual. It might have something in there (I'm not sure)?
      2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• Snapcatcher
        Valued Member
        • Feb 2009
        • Brisbane

Ive used the standard front points on my NM plently of times without a worry. Even once I was too bogged and couldnt get pulled out forwards after a few attempts, and putting a fair bit of pull on the front point. Ended up getting pulled out backwards that time.
        But I wouldnt be worried at all using either front point on my Paj.
        Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.

Comment

• Fro
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2009
          • Nundah, QLD

I had a read through my manual after I made my post yesterday. Mine doesn't say what its rated to, it only says that its a rated recovery point.

The one on the back of my car is rated to 2,500kg.
          2007 NS X, SWB, 3.2L Di-D, Automatic. Accessories: iCom UHF, Dual Battery System, Nudge Bar and an Engel for keeping the important stuff cold.

Comment

• marcthelegend
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2008
            • Gosnells, WA

Originally posted by WogsRus View Post
            yeah look here

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

thats a 12000lb snap going bang.

No issues at all with the paj. not eaven a wink of any dmaber ect
            love the sound of the strap breaking .. sounds like a whip!
            05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
            brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

• GOBO
              • Jun 2007
              • Melbourne Aust

I have used both of the 2 front recovery points at different times to be recovered out of sand. They worked fine with no damage what at all to eiter of them.
              Regards
              GOBO

11 NT DID Auto, Bushskinz Intercooler Plate, Brown Davis Sump & Trans Steel Plates, ARB Colour Coded Bar, Light Force Lights, GME Radios fixed and handheld, SME Draws, Waeco Fridge, Dual Batteries, Milford Barrier, BFG ATR's.

Comment

• icysyrup
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2007
                • USA

I will echo what everyone else has said pretty much. I have recovered rigs that were fullsize and a lot heavier than I am and not had any problems, nor have i noticed any deflection or fatigueing to the two front points. The consensus that has been reached on this board I have seen over the years is that you WILL NOT damage them or have ANY problems using them for recovery.
                03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

• JoshF
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • Brisbane

If you are really concerned about the forces in a recovery, use an equaliser strap between both front recovery points therefore sharing the load across the vehicle
                  NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                  Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• green monster
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • Adelaide

I dont find the front points usefull, as im yet to get myself bogged to the point of needing someone to help me out ,, and YES i have been stuck many times but i refuse to let some dam Toyota / Nissan driver get honours,, haha now where's that shovel??
                    NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• CeeJay
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2008
                      • Samford, QLD

I have used the front points, to recover someone up hill when I was above them facing downhill, in reverse when my winch was being repaired.

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• JoshF
                        Valued Member
                        • Jan 2008
                        • Brisbane

Twas a silly place to park a Suzi :-)
                        NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                        Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• CeeJay
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2008
                          • Samford, QLD

At leaset we discovered the maximum vertical gradient for a Suzi carby to operate at!!

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• Bennys
                            • Jun 2009

Only just saw this thread - Suzi was having a bit of an off day with the near drowning and all, she was just in a bit of shock and didn't feel like driving all the way up the hill but instead resting procariously balanced half way up.
                            MN GL-R, ARB Front and Rear Bars, Rocksliders, Canopy, uniden uhf, Kumho KL71s, Rear Locker, tigerz11 winch, dual batts.

North Brisbane

Even a broken clock is right twice a day...

Comment

• JoshF
                              Valued Member
                              • Jan 2008
                              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Bennys View Post
                              Only just saw this thread - Suzi was having a bit of an off day with the near drowning and all, she was just in a bit of shock and didn't feel like driving all the way up the hill but instead resting procariously balanced half way up.
                              but you did make a 6 year old very happy but she wonders why Dad doesn't have a water fountain under his bonnet

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X