• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Valpacer
    • Jun 2007
    • Camira QLD

Challenger Mods!

Hey All,

Been doing some mods to the Challenger, thought i might put some up!

- Fitted ironman T-bars, wound up (of course!), flipped front Balljoints, trimmed bump stops.
    - New EFS rear leaves (meant to be 2" lift judge for yourself....)
    - Fitted On-Board air (boss 3/4hp pump, air tank etc.)
    - Fitted 31" mickey Thompson MTZ's to a set of 15x8 Convo Pro rims
    - Added rubber flares to cover new tyres.

- Took straight onto mud!

First pic is a before shot (from Fraser Island), 2nd is the after shot, and the others are from a trip to Mt Mee on the weekend. Just have to do some work on rear leaves to get some flex (stiff as, but still waiting for draws etc to go in before tinkering )

Dave
    Attached Files
    00 Challenger - M/T MTZ's, Bullbar, UHF, 2"+ lift (EFS & ironman), OnBoard Air (Boss 3/4hp + tank + air tools ).
    My Other Toys - 1970 Valiant Pacer Hardtop, 1973 Valiant Charger
  • m1s3ry
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Kalorama, VIC.

Looking good, do you have any pics of where you mounted the Boss compressor and air tank?
    Steele Perkins (#1263)
    NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

• Valpacer
      • Jun 2007
      • Camira QLD

As the std jack is now a paperweight, mounted the compressor where it usually sat. This is also my work truck, so there is a barrier going behind front seats, and draws in rear (when the finally arrive!).

A bigger tank will go in once the draws are in and i make a false floor which will cover pump, tank and a water container. There will also be a low pull out draw above the compressor.

Used the existing bolt mount for the jack hold down, and fabricated a couple of brackets for the mounts for the pump. Even mounted on rubber, with rubber between mounts and body its like having a massage chair when running . But even with the small tank, it only took 5 mins to air up 4 tyres from 18 to 36psi

Ill never have to queue again!

Dave
      Attached Files
      00 Challenger - M/T MTZ's, Bullbar, UHF, 2"+ lift (EFS & ironman), OnBoard Air (Boss 3/4hp + tank + air tools ).

Comment

• Cypher
        • Jul 2007
        • Perth

Looks awesome mate......cant quite work out how you are going to build a cover for you aircomp thou, when done would love to see pics
        NP VRX 2006 DID, Milford Cargo Barrier, 50mm lift, Dual Batteries, Uniden UHF, Tint, Helton shower system,TJM Bash Plates, Rhino bars and carrier.

Comment

• Valpacer
          • Jun 2007
          • Camira QLD

It wont be a cover just for the pump, will come off the rear of the draws and go to the cargo barrier, to give a false flat floor. That way still some air space around pump for airflow and cooling.

Will post pics when i get there! Still waiting on draws!

Dave

Comment

• lester
            • Sep 2007

Hi Dave

Nice Challenger you have got there. I have some questions for the rubber flares you added on. How was it mounted on? Was it mounted directed onto your existing flares, through that and into the metal fenders beneath that? Do the flares come in one long length and it's cut to size? Thanks in advance. Pictures will be good.

Comment

• Valpacer
              • Jun 2007
              • Camira QLD

Hey Lester,

Yep, one long length, and cut to fit each opening. I just mounted straight to the fibreglass flares with self drillers( a few of!). I didn't go through to the metal (except where i caught some of the brackets for the flares. They took quite a beating couple of weekends ago and all screws remained, and the flares weren't ripped off.

Ill take some piccies later and post

Dave

Comment

• Valpacer
                • Jun 2007
                • Camira QLD

Pics attached. 1st pic shows the profile of the rubber, 2nd pic under, and 3rd pic of rear wheel well.

I got this flare of ebay, (was smallest they sold) and i think it was only about 50 bucks for 10m. I have about 2m left over .

Clarks rubber and Jacksons also do similar stuff!

Took me about 20 mins to do the 4 wells.

Dave
                Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X