• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKI'er
    • Aug 2008

Pajero Tow Bar hitch & spare tyre

First timer,

I am on the verge of buying a new diesel Pajero NT or a Patrol ST. The choice could well come down to the height of the Pajeros rear tow bar and the spare tyre and its cover. I know of the tyre lifter but it only lifts the tyre not the plastic trye surrounds

I like to run a Hayman Reece load leveller and its sway bars. 1. Will the HR once fitted allow me to open the rear door with caravan connected ? Are a HR load leveller and sway bars needed at all .... I will be towing a 2000kg van when loaded but haven't had much experience of caravan towing. Can anyone suggest solutions and thus another Paj on the road

Thanks
    SKI'er
    Last edited by SKI'er; 19-08-09, 11:14 PM. Reason: my poor wordage
  • tybo
    • Jul 2009

I have recently purchased a nt and I tow a van which is around 2000 when loaded the rear door is a problem but will be overcome when I purchase a spare wheel lift bracket I use a HR weight dist hitch and with my limited experience would not tow without one I also have a HR towbar towed the van from Mornington Pen to Eden at week end loved the Pajero 16 litres per 100k sitting on speed limit 17 litres against head wind Graeme

Comment

Tybo, great consumption. Can I assume you head up the Princess via Cann River etc and then through the mountains? If so, upgrade the great consumption to excellent considering the hills through there... Assuming the NT's a DID?

Comment

• tybo
        • Jul 2009

Miffa nt is a DID auto sat around the speed limit you are correct on route even better fuel consumption to Bairnsdale till we hit the hills traffic was very light both ways Graeme

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X