PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi \ Milford cargo barrier

Cypher
18-08-09, 03:35 PM
Hi Everyone, I have been given a mitsubishi rebadged Milford Cargo barrier for my NP. Unfortunatley without the fitting instructions.:confused:..I have done a site search with no luck, just wondering if anyone has a copy they could PM me or post on the site for other members ?

Thanks in Advance

Dan

garfield
23-08-09, 11:42 AM
Dan,
I have just checked and found the 5 pages of instructions you are looking for, pm me with your email address and will scan and send them to you
regards garfield

Ridgeback
27-08-09, 10:39 PM
Dan,

Don't forget to use some fuel/ vacuum hose over the pilot drill bit as a stopper or you may be like many others (according to Milford) that have inadvertently punched through the outer skin. Also buy a QUALITY metal holesaw - 22mm from memory.

Cypher
31-08-09, 02:49 PM
Thanks Garflied, PM sent.

Ridgeback cheers for the advice....makes me nervous drilling into the car :help[1]:

nev smith
07-09-09, 06:22 AM
Hi Garfield, I am in the same predicament, Have purchased a Cargo Barrier for my NP but no instructions. The barrier is badged Mitsubishi and has the clear plastic access plate. Could I also trouble you for the fitting instructions?
Thanks
Nev

markandliz
07-09-09, 03:47 PM
Hi Everyone, I have been given a mitsubishi rebadged Milford Cargo barrier for my NP. Unfortunatley without the fitting instructions.:confused:..I have done a site search with no luck, just wondering if anyone has a copy they could PM me or post on the site for other members ?

Thanks in Advance

DanPurchased a Black widow with top shelf and divid barrier 2 days ago, no drilling needed bolts to all existing bolt holes. Mechanic by trade and have fitted more than a few of things were you need to drill the vehicle. Bit different when its your own.
Black widow cargo barrier seems just as strong as a mates Milford, plus for $800 got everything I needed to complete the cargo area. Fits a treat with the self made drawer unit.

nev smith
08-09-09, 07:12 AM
Hi Markandliz
Could you please advise where the existing bolts holes are or provide some photos as I do not want to drill holes if I can avoid it?

Regards
Nev

markandliz
08-09-09, 06:12 PM
Hi Nev,

Haven't got any photos at present by will take some and post.

The back Widow barrier use's the rear 3rd seat grab handle mounting holes and the lower mounts directly to the drawer unit - this is due to I have the 3/4 size barrier. (The full barrier use's the original tie down mount holes)I also have a top shelf and divide barrier which is bolted to the cargo barrier and the drawer unit. The divide barrier side mounts are also bolted to the grab handle mountings.

I've secured my drawer unit to the existing floor mounts so it very secure.

Check out black widows website www.blackwidow.com.au have some photos of the pajero moels fitted with the barrier. Inc NM, NS etc

Cheers
Mark

garfield
09-09-09, 03:18 PM
Nev ,
PM me your email address and will send
regards Garfield

slandells
09-09-09, 03:26 PM
Just a quick correction on the website... Try http://www.blackwidow4wdstorage.com for anyone who tried the above link and failed...

sharkcaver
23-10-09, 07:55 PM
I'm looking to install a barrier too and would like to know whats involved. I have homemade rear storage and I hope a full size barrier can be fitted. An ebay supplier has a cutting template to cut the (I assume) side trim. This alarms me somewhat. If anyone could email me with the instructions, it would be appreciated. Also, curious as to what people have obtained theirs for price wise.

Thanks,

Shane.

Ridgeback
24-10-09, 12:58 AM
Shane, I went the Milford as it seemed to me to be the most solid and is also a two position barrier for these cars; i.e you can unscrew the hand operated bolts and move it from between behind the second row seats to around the front of the second row seats via another set of mounting arms (both sets stay on the barrier). It appears the NP install is the same as the NM.

It isn't particularly hard to instal but you have to check everything you do multiple times and go slow, then all will go well. You pull the rear trim off to drill the upper mounting holes, which requires care in drilling to prevent going through the outer skin, but if you use a bit of vacuum or fuel hose on the pilot drill bit and take it easy with the hole saw there really is little risk. The lower holes are easily done after lifting the carpet. The rest is no prob. If you just go ahead and drill the RH lower, forward position big hole as per instructions, you will likely nick / drill through a pipe type structure that looks like the fuel fill pipe! I looked down the pilot holes with a torch to check where I was going and noticed it. Rang Milford who advised it was not the fill pipe and NW just get stuck in with the hole saw. If you go slow and limit travel, you wont even drill through it which I managed to achieve, not a prob if you do though.

sharkcaver
24-10-09, 10:15 AM
Thanks for that Ridgeback and you too Glen (dont have your user name to pm a thank you) who sent me a copy of the milford fitting instructions:beer[1]:. I'm surprised you have to drill holes, I would have thought there were plenty of existing ones to use, well maybe not in the roof anyway. Some food for thought.
:dunno[1]:
Shane.

Ridgeback
26-10-09, 04:05 PM
Thanks for that Ridgeback and you too Glen (dont have your user name to pm a thank you)
:dunno[1]:
Shane.

Glenn=Ridgeback. No worries. If you look at the way the mounts work then it is obvious why you have to drill such holes. The Milford mounts distribute loads much better than just bolting onto a grab rail or existing small diameter bolt. I reckon thats important with something that is protecting you.

nj swb
26-10-09, 09:00 PM
Glenn=Ridgeback. No worries. If you look at the way the mounts work then it is obvious why you have to drill such holes. The Milford mounts distribute loads much better than just bolting onto a grab rail or existing small diameter bolt. I reckon thats important with something that is protecting you.

:clap2[1]: :clap2[1]: :clap2[1]: