• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brianwanless
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2008
    • Mackay Nth Qld

Removing center console

I want to get under the center console on my 03 NP 3.2 auto, I see from other posts that I start at the drink holders and work forward, the 4wd knob will screw off but the gear selector does not want to unscrew, whats the secret, any info welcome, Thanks.
    NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.
  • gjh1967
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2007
    • Lake Macquarie

Originally posted by brianwanless View Post
    I want to get under the center console on my 03 NP 3.2 auto, I see from other posts that I start at the drink holders and work forward, the 4wd knob will screw off but the gear selector does not want to unscrew, whats the secret, any info welcome, Thanks.
    Unscrew like hell.

They require a little bit of elbow grease as Mitu puts locking compound on them.
    When you go to put the knob back on, you can use plumbers thread tape
    Cjeers Glenn
    2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.

Comment

• Pdiddy
      • Jun 2007
      • Brisbane

Brianw
      no !!! dont twist off gear selector
      If you haven't worked it out already - on the gear selector the plastic bottom section slides down seperating from top and reveals two small philips head screws to remove- one at the back and one the passenger side of the lever.
      Once these are unscrewed the selector knob lifts off. Then remove two screws from under drink holder. put handbrake in on position the lift centre console up and reach under passenger side and unplug electrical connection then section can be removed.
      cheers
      04 GLS Auto DID,ARB bar, Bilstein/Lovells,stedi 240 w light bar, DPchip, Cargo Barrier, dual batts, etc

Comment

• brianwanless
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2008
        • Mackay Nth Qld

Thanks guys, I thought someone would know. Forums can be great for getting info.
        NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

• gjh1967
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2007
          • Lake Macquarie

Brianwanless

Its probably ovbious now that mine's a manual.
          Good thing Pdiddy's on the ball.
          Cheers Glenn
          2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.

Comment

• brianwanless
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2008
            • Mackay Nth Qld

Just a quick update. Got the console out no trouble, under neath found a cheque dated 06. 01 2006. never been presented, the previous owner probably searched for that cheque for weeks.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X