Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Not sure if NT is right for me! Can u help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbeasley
    • Jun 2009
    • Blackburn, Vic

Not sure if NT is right for me! Can u help?

Hi All,

I am currently the owner of a 1993 Disco that has bout 300,000 kms on the clock and am thinking it may be time to replace. Thinking Prado or Pajero and thinking i like the Paj but am not really sure how many NT's are out there and if ppl are happy with them. I have been 4x4ing for about 10 years now and done the simpson and hay river and want to do more in these areas as well as vic high country and so on. So looking for an economical reliable and capable 4x4. Coming from a Disco with no sway bars and 2" lift, long travel shocks, rear locker, live axles to the IFS/IRS of the Paj i am interested to see what ppl's thoughts are of the cabablility. I understand the onroad manners will be worlds better than what i have but i am concerned about the app/dept/ramp angles of the Paj in std trim. Do not want to be banging and clanging over things! Thoughts on this please!!! Also does the Paj club run many trips with NT's and would it be possible to come and see some in action!

Thanks in advance,

Brett
    2009 NT Pajero GLS DiD Auto w/Rear Locker
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

Hi Brett.
    Your post is probably a couple of days too late. We had a Profiency + training course today at Cobaw. Two NS Pajeros amongst others that did extremely well on the rough tracks. I know they are not NT's but they are identical suspension wise.
    They are quite capable vehicles in standard form. A couple of photos here. I also have one hour of video of these vehicles doing these reasonably difficult tracks. Funny enough it was a young lady in an NP that showed them all up.

Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• brett
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007

The NS and NP looks stock standard, no bash plates or lift. And that track looks pretty mean. Did it get up? If it's a diesel how's the intercooler looking?

Comment

• tinks
        • Jan 2009
        • Sth East Melbourne

That'd be me in the NP and yes it is completely stock standard, the only thing I have done to it so far is put BFG AT's on it. That track certainly wasnt the hardest of the day thats for sure!! Mine is petrol and is all still in one piece after the day out
        2005 NP V6 Exceed, 2"lift, BFG AT's, uniden uhf, 3 way fridge, semi offroad camper, proficiency course and proficiency plus course, plus wish list

Comment

• Pickle
          Administrator
          • Jun 2007
          • All over Oz

Simply all vehicles made it up but some did it harder than others. Tinks ended up doing a track that the others could not go any further on due to a Prado not getting through.
          All vehicles finished the day without any serious damage. Believe me the Pajero 's are quite capable with correct wheel placement.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• drew4x4
            • Nov 2008

Great photos Dave, would love to see the video!
            2008 NS Pajero LWB Platinum DID,
            -ARB Dual Battery-ARB Fridge-ARB Compressor-ARB Rear Locker-OME 2"Lift -ARB Deluxe Bar-9000lb Warn Winch-Safari Snorkel-Aux Fuel Tank-IPF Driving Lights-Uniden UHF-Rhino Full length Roof Rack-Iron Man Awning-Diff breathers-Jayco Expanda Outback

Comment

• outbackswine
              • Apr 2009
              • Mount Isa - The Back Of Bumf*ck

Originally posted by drew4x4 View Post
              Great photos Dave, would love to see the video!
              +1

Comment

• bbeasley
                • Jun 2009
                • Blackburn, Vic

Originally posted by brett View Post
                The NS and NP looks stock standard, no bash plates or lift. And that track looks pretty mean. Did it get up? If it's a diesel how's the intercooler looking?
                It looks like a pretty good track! Also i notice the front of the Paj is very close to the ground due to the IFS. Do you need extra bash plates as the comment implies regarding the turbo diesel model and the intercooler?

Thanks Brett.
                2009 NT Pajero GLS DiD Auto w/Rear Locker

Comment

• JoshF
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • Brisbane

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                  Simply all vehicles made it up but some did it harder than others. Tinks ended up doing a track that the others could not go any further on due to a Prado not getting through.
                  All vehicles finished the day without any serious damage. Believe me the Pajero 's are quite capable with correct wheel placement.
                  Dave
                  Pity you couldn't complete the track, great photos.

Love to see the video also
                  NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
                  Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• tinks
                    • Jan 2009
                    • Sth East Melbourne

I completed it Just the others couldnt, but not their fault, was late in day and a hold up on the track meant turning back before dark, so I had to go back down to rejoin the others. Was a fantastic day, learnt heaps and I too cant wait to see the video.
                    2005 NP V6 Exceed, 2"lift, BFG AT's, uniden uhf, 3 way fridge, semi offroad camper, proficiency course and proficiency plus course, plus wish list

Comment

• brett
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007

All done on traction control? any TC vs diff lock comparisons on the day?

Tinks, while it's not really an issue in the petrol but how's your front bash plate going, any major dings after those tracks? And what about side steps, those pictures look like they would claim a few without a lift.

Comment

• tinks
                        • Jan 2009
                        • Sth East Melbourne

standard plate still there no damage and sidesteps all fine. We did have one guy who slipped into a rut and sat resting on his side step bent it a little, had to use a hydraulic lift and rocks put under wheels to help get him out, although not nice for him at the time was a great learning exercise for us all, he bounced on his side step at the end of the day and got it back into shape. Not having a lift I did have a few scrapes over the day but no damage done.

Comment

• tinks
                          • Jan 2009
                          • Sth East Melbourne

Oh yes there were comparisons even one without TC or difflocks from memory? Was also good to see the different amount of flex between the different types of vehicles too

Comment

• Marty V
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2008
                            • Cranbourne, Vic

I was down at a Aluminium Fabrication place the other day...He bought a couple of Tritons from me...He had checker plate and standard heavy front bash plates ready to go in his front office...I think he wanted about $200 - $250 for them if any of you are chacing them...Dunno if thats cheap or not...

Leggate Built in bayswater: 720 0302

Would have loved to have bought my old '96 V6 on the day...Havent really done much except a bit of sand in Perth...Looks like a great day...

Was there any Pajero's of my vintage?

Comment

• Pickle
                              Administrator
                              • Jun 2007
                              • All over Oz

None around your era Marty. Had a NG paj, 80 Cruiser, two NS deisels (one with difflock)
                              Prado deisel, 70 series cruiser trayback and Tinks NP. Some good vision of these vehicles trying to get up. I will try and get a couple of clips up.
                              Dave
                              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X