• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • misterbishi
    • Aug 2016
    • sydney

another new member

Gday everyone! my name is chris and im from sydney. Ive got a white ps gls with a few extras [snorkel, weathershields, mats,rear tray,driving light wiring loom, and underbody protection], also got it booked in for a full MRR suspension kit at dobinsons in sydney [their latest remote reservoir shocks, which are servicable and rebuildable], They have some of the best suspension available, and ive had it on my previous vehicles.Its great to have forums like this one for all the info you can find out I have a question, does anyone know what a genuine nudge bar fitted should cost from a dealer, I was quoted $620 for the bar plus 4+ hours for fitting, which would make the total over $1000, and also what a genuine towbar fitted would cost?Thanks and cheers from chris.
  • Jas2909
    • Feb 2016
    • Penrith NSW

Hi mate and welcome. Forget the factory tow pack, it's crap and ugly, lookat the Hayman Reece one.

Nudge bar is around 650 fitted.

Don't forget the check out the Pajero Sport Australia page on Facebook

Comment

• Georgie
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2013
      • Secret Harbour WA

And don't forget to do a bit of home work on the Dobinson remotes if you are intending to do a lot of hard off road and lots of corrugations as some ddrivers have had some issues which them you may want to look at the threads on this forum check out the CSR threads by SteveMac and a Caning on the Canning thread by Sharkcaver
      Cheers
      Georgie
      2015 Sahara
      Black Mica in colour
      BFG A/T 275x70x18s Black Widow drawers Redark dual battery system GME CB radio Redarc Tow Prow Elite

Wish List lots

SOLD 2013 GLX- R Pajero

Comment

• misterbishi
        • Aug 2016
        • sydney

Gday Georgie, thanks for the advice, ill have a look. Gday Jas, where can i get the nudge bar for $650 fitted, i wanted to stick with the factory towbar for the extra space where the spare goes underneath as i wanted to go lager in tyre size, cheers from chris.

Comment

• Nugg
          • Apr 2016
          • Seaford Victoria

Hi Chris,
          Re your spare, you will run out of room under the car side to side before the HR tow bar is a problem, there is a bit more room for the tyre to go forwards,
          Nigel

Comment

• nj swb
            Resident
            • Jun 2007
            • Adelaide

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum.

You've chosen an excellent username that has a small amount of history for a (very?) few of us.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy your visits.
            NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• littleriver
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2013
              • Queensland

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• BenNSW
                • Aug 2007

Hi Chris, congrats on the new Paj Sport. Look forward to seeing some pics of the suspension setup!

Comment

• BenNSW
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Nugg View Post
                  Hi Chris,
                  Re your spare, you will run out of room under the car side to side before the HR tow bar is a problem, there is a bit more room for the tyre to go forwards,
                  Nigel
                  Hi Nugg, Without high jacking this thread too much, as can be seen in the PS Tyre size thread I've been chasing up info on this topic of larger diameter spares with the HR tow kit for a while!

Other members suggest that a spare 275/65/r18 fits nicely with no tow kit, and just fits with the factory tow kit, but I'm yet to hear of anyone testing the HR tow bar with either 275/65/r18 or 265/65/r18

Have you got the HR tow kit installed and what tires are you running?

Cheers,

Ben

Comment

• misterbishi
                    • Aug 2016
                    • sydney

Gday Everyone! Thanks for all the welcomes, NJ I picked that username because thats what my younger son calls the PS , I havent put on a towbar yet as I was hoping that I could go up in tyre size [legal] and still be able to fit a spare underneath. the quote for the nudgebar from the dealer where i got the car is ridiculous. Ill put up pics of the suspension when its on, Cheers all

Comment

• Gregzzzz
                      • Apr 2009
                      • Blue Mtns, NSW

Hi Misterbishi, another member, Swoffa, reported on 11-5-16 that the 265/65/r18 just fits with the HR towbar.
                      Gone: NS GLX DiD Auto.

Comment

• misterbishi
                        • Aug 2016
                        • sydney

Gday Gregzzz, thats handy to know, it will help when i decide which bar to go for, cheers from chris.

Comment

• Ken1945
                          • Aug 2016
                          • Sydney

Just curious as I'm new here too but wouldn't there be a possible lack of power problem if you change to bigger diameter tyres? Of course the speedo will read wrong but that's fairly minor but I'd be a bit worried about performance as the PS does not have an abundance of low down torque. Or am I overstating it?

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Ken1945 View Post
                            Just curious as I'm new here too but wouldn't there be a possible lack of power problem if you change to bigger diameter tyres? Of course the speedo will read wrong but that's fairly minor but I'd be a bit worried about performance as the PS does not have an abundance of low down torque. Or am I overstating it?

Can't answer the performance sorry but the speedo is incorrect now. Bigger tyres should bring it close to be more accurate.

Comment

• glycerin
                              • Sep 2010
                              • Newcastle, NSW

Originally posted by misterbishi View Post
                              Gday Everyone! Thanks for all the welcomes, NJ I picked that username because thats what my younger son calls the PS , I havent put on a towbar yet as I was hoping that I could go up in tyre size [legal] and still be able to fit a spare underneath. the quote for the nudgebar from the dealer where i got the car is ridiculous. Ill put up pics of the suspension when its on, Cheers all
                              I run 275/65r18 and the spare only just fits with the MMA Towbar.

Cheers

Lonnie
                              Attached Files
                              2016 Pajero Sport GLS - Cooper STMaxx 275/65R18, The Ultimate Suspension 2" Lift, Polyairs

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X