• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • savage pajero
    • Aug 2008
    • Dalyellup WA

Laverton WA Destination or Not

Guday one for the WA crew and anyone else who may have traveled around Laverton WA recently.
    Have a sister in law who resides in Laverton WA and has been insisting for years that we come up from Bunbury for a visit. Good people who regularly make the trip down to visit but do not have the cares of travelling with young children.
    Now my question. Is Laverton worth the visit and is there any destinations along the way (or side trip) that would make the trip more interesting? Distance is approx 1200 km each way and we will be travelling with two children 8 and 5 necessitating an over night stop some where.
    For the cost and time off I would prefer to travel to Coral Bay and know that the sites and activities would be more in line with what we enjoy (have the Pajero down the beach nearly every week weather permitting). We have considered visiting Wave Rock but would like to know if there are any other destinations that people have found worth their time.
    As for Laverton its self I hear that they have a pub (and not much more) and it?s a long drive to drink beer. Would like to camp over night in the desert for the experience but would like to hear from others what their experiences are.
    Thanks
    NM Petrol with LPG, Factory Steps and Rhino Rack, EC Bullbar, BF Goodrich ATs, Beach Sand Through Out.
  • Wrex
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007
    • Perth

You only visit Laverton to get to Warburton to get to the Great Central Road.
    You fill up yor car at the servo and keep driving.

Laverton is a shit hole. Go to Coral Bay or Karijini

From Bunbury do the holland track (starts at Newdegate) to cave hill and Burra rocks. Through to Coolgardie to Kalgoorlie see the super pit and take a tour underground. From Kal travel north to Broad Arrow,Ora banda and rowles lagoon (These 3 done in 1/2 day.) Head back out to the hwy to leonora another mine lookout or to Kookynie and out to laverton.

On the way home back to leonora head north to leinster a mining town head west through to sandstone see the natural bridge (I think it's fallen down now not sure) on to Mount magnet/ Cue climb Walga Rock see the aboriginal paintings of tall ships and back home down through the middle.

We lived in Kal for 3 years and did all of the above over time you can definitely make a holiday out of it. With the kids?
    Last edited by Wrex; 06-04-09, 01:58 AM.

Comment

• savage pajero
      • Aug 2008
      • Dalyellup WA

Thanks Wrex supports my idea of what was there.
      Like your suggestions and will keep them for a latter date maybe when the young ones are a bit older.
      cheers
      NM Petrol with LPG, Factory Steps and Rhino Rack, EC Bullbar, BF Goodrich ATs, Beach Sand Through Out.

Comment

• Wrex
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2007
        • Perth

I think thats a wise choice Savage

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X