• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wal
    • Jun 2007
    • Gold Coast

Dual battery system for my NP

I'm getting a fridge for the NP (05) and really I need a dual battery system if I'm to use it properly. I'll also run lights and other peripherals off the deep cycle as well. What should I get? My mechanic (another Paj owner) is happy to make up a cradle so what else should I be asking him to supply?
  • Old Paj
    Pajero Club Life Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Heathcote, Vic

Dual Batteries

I have a pirahna system in my 05 NP. Was put in shortly after purchase Aug 05. This runs 49Lt Engel fridge (on occassions x 2) and UHF CB. I also use it to run Versalight while camping, but I also run the light from a battery pack. Seems to perform very well, though since it was fitted, I have not had the occassion to have it the vehicle sitting for other than overnight. Cold nights I usually turn the fridge off, rather than risk freezing the lettuce and tomatoes.
    NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• NS Rob
      • Jun 2007
      • Ipswich, QLD

Check under Electrical/Radio's forum. There's 2 or 3 posts there for sure.

I have 2 deep cycle marine batteries. A 10" 600 CCA and a 12" 800 CCA. I run the rear ciggie sockets off the 12" and this runs my CF60, camping lights and all other accessories. Longest we've had it without having to run the engine to recharge is just over 24 hours at a setting of minus 10, but this was in winter and the fridge was full of frozen meat and ice bricks.

The latest 4wd Monthly has an an awesome accessories suppliment that goes through all diffrent types of dual battery setups (as well as a heap of other expensive goodies). Why not check that out.
      Cheers,
      Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
      1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

• The Last Streetfighter
        • Jul 2007
        • BrisVegas

A lot of the guys seem to use a Redarc product. This would work too: http://www.jaycar.com.au/
        Search on Product Code MB3670
        Last edited by The Last Streetfighter; 29-08-07, 01:53 PM.
        Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
        Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

• Wal
          • Jun 2007
          • Gold Coast

Originally posted by The Last Streetfighter View Post
          A lot of the guys seem to use a Redarc product. This would work too: http://www.jaycar.com.au/productResu...p?FORM=KEYWORD
          I need the keyword and password to access that.

Comment

• linou
            • Jul 2007
            • Perth

I have used both the redarc and pirahna due battery systems. The redarc worked well, but I find the pirahna keeps the main battery in a better state of charge (marginally). I was also advised the pirahna is better suited to charging different battery types, ie one cranking battery and one deep cycle battery.
            Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

• nicko
              • Jul 2007
              • QLD

good tip to get some info.

Talk to you local reputable auto elect then talk to the guys in battery world. Between both you should get a happy medium. I have a redarc solinoid and have no probs. I also purchased a cetec charger very compact and very fast recharging as we have our 60ltr trail blazer on 24/7
              2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Comment

• The Last Streetfighter
                • Jul 2007
                • BrisVegas

Does that work?
                Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
                Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X