X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cory
    • Jun 2008

Trade-in value

I have just signed on the dotted line for a GLS Pajero Sport at 49990 driveaway which is their current pricing that they won't budge from yet, they did include metallic paint and tinting on the front windows though. I traded my 2010 LS Challenger manual, with 107000 kms, and it is definitely not a city car, was bought and used as it was meant...trade-in value was 19500. I was thinking if I got 20000 I would be happy, but was thinking that may be a bit optimistic. Anyway, more than happy with the value, I was thinking that the way a few on here bag Challengers I would be looking at more like 10-15000. It works out at around 46% retained value after 5 years which realistically is quite good - paid 42000 in 2010. So it is not all doom and gloom in regards to values.
  • 02-SR5
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2010
    • Toowoomba

That's prety good. I would of thought mid teens at the most.
    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• spot01
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2011
      • Adelaide

Some of that is probably hidden discount on the new car, but in the end its only the changeover price that really matters if you are trading. Cash no trade buyers may have to wait a bit to get a decent price. (note it didn't take long for the new Triton deals to appear).

It will be interesting to get your thoughts once you have the car - particularly as you are well placed to compare to the Chally.
      Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by Cory View Post
        I have just signed on the dotted line for a GLS Pajero Sport at 49990 driveaway which is their current pricing that they won't budge from yet, they did include metallic paint and tinting on the front windows though. I traded my 2010 LS Challenger manual, with 107000 kms, and it is definitely not a city car, was bought and used as it was meant...trade-in value was 19500. I was thinking if I got 20000 I would be happy, but was thinking that may be a bit optimistic. Anyway, more than happy with the value, I was thinking that the way a few on here bag Challengers I would be looking at more like 10-15000. It works out at around 46% retained value after 5 years which realistically is quite good - paid 42000 in 2010. So it is not all doom and gloom in regards to values.
        well done (nice trade in price) ... what colour did you choose ? ...
        and when will you drive it away ? ...
        2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Cory
          • Jun 2008

I got a silver one - same colour as my Challenger, and with a bit of luck they might have used a bit more paint this time. My Challenger has paint that had worn off the both front wheel arch fender things, and scratches all over both sides, and as to your other query - delivery - they did not have a silver GLS at the dealer, and are going to try and get one from another dealer, otherwise its mid-Jan.

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011
            • Adelaide, South Australia.

Congratulations on the purchase, being one of the first PS buyers on this forum may be considered a brave move by some. I look forward to reading your feedback once you start living with the PS. On paper the PS looks to be a big improvement over the Challenger but as we all know it will not be perfect or suit everyone's needs and tastes but what car does!

cheers, OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• bushman
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2009
              • Wollondilly Shire NSW

I went today to have aother look at the MUX LS-T doesn't anywhere near the.features of the Mitsi but the nav at least is a proper one very similar to Hema 7 in terms of.layout and use. Anyway long story short
              They only offer me 15000 for my 09 RX Pajero which is well decked but 196000 km on the clock,
              That was only on their demo and only if my vehicle didnt exceed 200,000 km.
              We didnt want the.blue, not quite ready to buy, thanked them for their time and drove away.

Had heard can get up to 4 mth wait for.Pajero Sport just depends on what we want, model,colour etc too whats already avaliable.
              be interesting to see if do any better against another Misti.

Not sure i want to down size engine despite the alledged grunt, need to drag 2.6 Ton of bulky van around.
              09 NT Di-D Auto RX (Now Gone)
              2014 Golden Eagle Escape in tow ( Now Gone)
              2021 QF Pajero Sport
              ​​2020 Vacationer Roadtracker in tow
              LOVE'N THAT CAR"

Comment

• Rovingman
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2014
                • Blue mountains

Good trade in. Interested in your findings. Enjoy the new ride.
                Pajero NT RX 2011
                Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by bushman View Post
                  I went today to have aother look at the MUX LS-T doesn't anywhere near the.features of the Mitsi but the nav at least is a proper one very similar to Hema 7 in terms of.layout and use. Anyway long story short
                  They only offer me 15000 for my 09 RX Pajero which is well decked but 196000 km on the clock,
                  That was only on their demo and only if my vehicle didnt exceed 200,000 km.
                  We didnt want the.blue, not quite ready to buy, thanked them for their time and drove away.

Had heard can get up to 4 mth wait for.Pajero Sport just depends on what we want, model,colour etc too whats already avaliable.
                  be interesting to see if do any better against another Misti.

Not sure i want to down size engine despite the alledged grunt, need to drag 2.6 Ton of bulky van around.
                  That's a bit of trailer to tow have you seen this thread? may be worth considering.
                  NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• littleriver
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2013
                    • Queensland

heard the next shipment arrival date is middle of January
                    2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Cory
                      • Jun 2008

Just found out I have to wait until early-mid Jan for delivery - dealer cant get hold of a silver GLS in Perth - anyway, not to worry, it will give them time to work out how to disable the keyless entry which I need done - I surf all over the place and would like the car to stay locked when I'm in the water. Hayman Reese might have also made some progress in sorting out a towbar during Jan.

Comment

• old Jack
                        Regular
                        • Jun 2011
                        • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi Cory,

I am guessing from your post there is not a single conventional key-lock on any doors or the tailgate, is this correct? I must admit I didn't look for this important feature. We have a non-encoder key to lock the Challenger with the keys inside when we hit the water.

This might help you with your problem;

cheers, old Jack.
                        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                        MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• littleriver
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • Queensland

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                          Hi Cory,

I am guessing from your post there is not a single conventional key-lock on any doors or the tailgate, is this correct? I must admit I didn't look for this important feature. We have a non-encoder key to lock the Challenger with the keys inside when we hit the water.

This might help you with your problem;

cheers, old Jack.
                          I also have the spare key (one cut no chip) in my leg rope (velcro leg strap key holder spot) ... when I hit the waves

Comment

• littleriver
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2013
                            • Queensland

also looks like there is a few demos/near new already on carsales (but asking full price)??? ..
                            sure there could be a bargain there
                            Last edited by littleriver; 21-12-15, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Cory
                              • Jun 2008

Trouble with the keyless entry and start, if you lock the keys in a surflock or similar on the towbar or wherever, then you can just touch door handle and the cars unlocked. I'm not sure if it has a normal key lock, didn't really look at that, but it must have at least one so you can get in if the battery in the key thing is flat. However, if you lock a conventional key on the outside of the car, and leave the smart (or dumb) key thing inside the car then anyone car just start the car and drive off with push button start. A bit like locking the doors with the keys in the ignition. So I think either get keyless entry disabled or, pull the plugs off the sensors on the doors, and I can then lock the keys on the outside of the car. I would prefer to have a proper ignition key, etc, but I think all cars are going to end up that way - probably saves them $5 because they don't need ignition/steering lock things, just a bit of cheap electronics.
                              Last edited by Cory; 21-12-15, 01:01 PM. Reason: I cant spell

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X