• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jaster
    • Apr 2008
    • Wollongong, NSW

Watagans Weekend.

The 4wd club that I belong too has a trip planned to the Watagans for the weekend of April 25-26. This will be our first trip to the Watagans, as we're bassed on the NSW South Coast and *generally* run our trips around the lower part of NSW.

Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone has some input of good camping sites / tracks etc for that area. Most of us generally leave early to mid afternoon on the Friday so that we can hit the tracks early on the Sat. That, and it's a good 5hrs or so drive from home. Up shot is, that setting up camp on the Friday is often done in the dark, so an appropriate camp site would be welcome, even if we end up camping somewhere else for the Sat night.

The other option would be, that if someone from up that way wanted to play "tour guide", we could look at making the trip a joint club trip.

Anyways, thanks in advance

----- edit -----
    There will prob be two Pajero's and a Challenger going along, so will be in good company
    Current: Cool Silver '11 NT RX Auto
    Retired: Green '02 NM Exceed Manual
  • Rich
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Canberra

See if you can contact Kieron Pearce. He is on the forum and lives up there.
    I am sure he will give you some advice.

PM me if you are having troubles and I will either contact him for you or give you his contact details.

He has a web site http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au - you may be able to contact him from there

Richard

Comment

• whatsupkramer
      • Sep 2007
      • Muswellbrook

The pines camping ground seems the most common, there are also two others in the same area which when it gets busy they all join into one.
      Been invited to a bucks party in the next few weeks up there, some nice tracks however I can't remember what was what.
      Chris
      2008 NS 25th Anniversary 3.2L Auto - Mickey Thompson Baja STZ 265/60R18, Tow Bar, ARB Saraha Bar, Old Man Emu Nitro Charger Sport 2" lift.
      Limited Edition Mighty Bulloak Camper Trailer - All mods including a 2" lift.

Comment

• Jaster
        • Apr 2008
        • Wollongong, NSW

Thanks for the info. *IF* anyone is up for a bit of a play that weekend, and wants to show us around let me know. Otherwise we'll have to go exploring and have all the fun ourselves

Comment

• gjh1967
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2007
          • Lake Macquarie

Originally posted by Jaster View Post
          The 4wd club that I belong too has a trip planned to the Watagans for the weekend of April 25-26. This will be our first trip to the Watagans, as we're bassed on the NSW South Coast and *generally* run our trips around the lower part of NSW.

Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone has some input of good camping sites / tracks etc for that area. Most of us generally leave early to mid afternoon on the Friday so that we can hit the tracks early on the Sat. That, and it's a good 5hrs or so drive from home. Up shot is, that setting up camp on the Friday is often done in the dark, so an appropriate camp site would be welcome, even if we end up camping somewhere else for the Sat night.

The other option would be, that if someone from up that way wanted to play "tour guide", we could look at making the trip a joint club trip.

Anyways, thanks in advance

----- edit -----
          There will prob be two Pajero's and a Challenger going along, so will be in good company
          Try the Pine Forest or Basin camping ground
          Boarding house dam is another fave

If you want to get adventurous try taking the Morisset exit
          Turn left off the exit and head approx 5K on Mandalong rd
          There is a road called Browns rd on the right
          go approx 200m further on then turn right through a gateway (open most of the time)
          this will Take you very close to the Pine Forest Camping Ground
          Some steep hills and hairpin bends and can get a bit rough at times
          Call me as i only live 15Mins from Watagans 0421659650

Cheers Glenn
          Attached Files
          Last edited by gjh1967; 05-03-09, 07:00 PM.
          2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.

Comment

• gjh1967
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2007
            • Lake Macquarie

I also Forgot to mention the many tracks between Dora Creek and Toronto
            Head towards Dora Creek bridge the turn right as you get off the bridge then gho back under the bridge on Newport Rd
            Keep going for approx 2 k then turn right on to Hawkmount rd (Chook farm on the right corner)
            This should keep everyone busy for about 4 hours as there are lots of tracks and trails throughout the area.
            Cheers Glenn
            2003 NP 3.2 DI-D LWB 5spd-DVD Entertainment unit-Narva 175 blue's-Side Steps-Uniden UHO15SX-Garmin GPS16 and Oziexplorer-ARB On Board air-Polyairs-Airtek Snorkel-Khumo KL78's-Headrest DVD players- Ironman Lift kit- 12000lb winch- Dual Batteries - Redarc isolator-Bushskinz intercooler guard.

Comment

• mr_grumble
              • Jun 2007
              • Central Coast, NSW

Jaster, PM sent
              "Percussive Maintenance : The fine art of whacking the crap out of something to get it to work again"

Comment

• Jaster
                • Apr 2008
                • Wollongong, NSW

Since it's now just over a week away, thought I'd check again to see if there's anyone in the Watagans area that's free and interested in showing us some of the sights of the area. I'm pretty sure we'll be leaving the South Coast mid Friday, and heading up so that we can hit the tracks all day Saturday. Not sure yet whether we'll be heading home Sunday arvo, or whether we'll have another day on the tracks before heading home Monday.

If anyone is keen either reply here or PM me, and we can sort out the details.

Cheers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X