X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Proudy
    • Jul 2007

Fire Extinguisher location?

Hi - just looking for some advice as to the best location to mount a 1kg fire extinguisher in the NS Pajero, and how.

I have an Exceed so has a few extra speakers/sub in the back if thats the place to put it (dont want to make it to get in the way of pulling up the rear seats) - has anyone mouned one on thier NS? where and how did you do it? I dont want to drill to many holes - and dont want it to rip out making a mess of the plastic...I am guessing I will have to pull some of trim out and put some washers a the back of some screews/bolts?

any advice would be great.

cheers
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.
  • Walker
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2007

I don't think you want to put in the back. Only because if you do ever need it you will want it in a hurry.

Not sure if there is any mounting position in the NS, but in my last 4WD I mounted it at the front of the front passenger seat. It did not look the best but it was never in the way and easy to get at.
    thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
    1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

• mrbitchi
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Walker View Post
      I don't think you want to put in the back. Only because if you do ever need it you will want it in a hurry.

Not sure if there is any mounting position in the NS, but in my last 4WD I mounted it at the front of the front passenger seat. It did not look the best but it was never in the way and easy to get at.
      That's where mine is in my NM.
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• Alex86
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Here and there

i know this is from an NL, but the following is what i did with mine..
        not sure how similar th console is between the front seats, but it might get the brain ticking over.

its in the reverse order but it at least gives you some idea of the process.

finished product

bracket in place to make sure i dont rip the plastic out when grabbing the extinguisher in a hurry

and the bloody aweful looking bracket, knocked up from scrap aluminium in the shed and a peice of old dishwasher

only had to put two holes in plastic. existing screws that hold the console in place also hold the bracket to the same chunk of metal (connected to the car) which the console secures to.

for me with little fabrication skills it was time consuming, took about 1.5days to install.
        more than happy how it functions though- its solid even with a mighty yank.
        chose the location because its very easy to access for the main cabin passengers- doesnt get in the way surprisingly either.

hope that helps
        '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
        Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• jvrb
          • Jul 2007
          • in the hills

In my previous 4WD (Patrol) I had the extinguisher mounted under the front passenger seat. Used Teks screws. I had a Maglite under the drivers seat, also with Teks screws. Did check with the service department of the dealer first though.
          Haven't done this to the NS yet.

Comment

• Nargun
            • Aug 2007

Where ever you put it remember that it weighs a couple of kilos and has the capacity in an accident to turn into a lethal weapon. Can the plastics you are mounting it to with screws handle the forces associated with a decent accident?. Personally, I'd consider mounting it on the floor half under the passenger seat, where you can get to it from the driver's seat and the possibility of it crashing into parts of your anatomy are minimised

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X