• Show
Clear All
  • pauld
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Melbourne

NX Alternator - BCDC1240

Hi Guys,

I have a BCDC1240 (standard model) from my current Pajero.

Can this be installed in my new NX Pajero arriving in a few weeks or is the only option to upgrade it to the -LV model?

I have read things about driving with parking lights on, diodes in fuse positions etc etc (to raise voltage) but is this applicable to the NX?

Thanks in advance.
    2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by pauld View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have a BCDC1240 (standard model) from my current Pajero.

Can this be installed in my new NX Pajero arriving in a few weeks or is the only option to upgrade it to the -LV model?

I have read things about driving with parking lights on, diodes in fuse positions etc etc (to raise voltage) but is this applicable to the NX?

Thanks in advance.
    Give redarc a call and speak to the experts.....
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• pauld
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Melbourne

Have sent them an email just now but also after independent knowledge or experience
      2015 NX, ARB Bullbar, Bilstein / Lovells HD Front and Kings SP Rear, Polyairs, 17" NP Exceed wheels, D697 LT265/65/17, STEDI Cree 24" 120Watt light bar, Tracklander 2100 Roof Cage, Bushskinz side steps and bash plates, 200AH of Batts under rear floor via Redarc 40 Amp, cargo barrier with custom rear shelf up high, TC mod, EGR mod, catch can, iPhone4 with OBD app, USB ports in all 3 rows, custom storage in rear passenger guard.

Comment

• iGBH
        • Dec 2010
        • Melbourne

Have you considered a alternator voltage booster fuse?

ie http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mitsubish...-/221782187395

I've spoken to the manufacturer of my DBS (traxide) and this was the recommended way to go...
        SOLD - MY2011 NT DiD Pajero GLX. ARB winch bar, Lightforce XGT HID's, Warn 9000lb winch, Factory rear difflock, ARB roofrack with Supa-Peg awning, Bushskinz, Safari snorkel, Lovells springs, Bilstein shocks, Mickey Thompson ATZ 4 rib 265/70/17.
        Time for a D4.

Comment

• pauld
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Melbourne

I read somewhere in here that these diode fuses won't work for the Pajero alternator....
          I have decided to get the new Pajero (2 weeks) and then monitor the voltage & then decide what to do. I have also read that leaving parking lights / headlights / A/C on will do the trick.

Thanks for your thought.

Comment

• marquis
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2007
            • Newcastle

Small wide input 12 to 15V step up connected to your +IGN

Encase in a small box filled with silicon - should cost like $10
            --
            Marquis
            SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• 2bad4u
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Perth, Western Australia

Yes you can. I always had my air-cond on and it was fine. Although I have just removed mine because it was de rating too much with the heat under the bonnet. I now run an intervolt ebi pro which allows you to programme custom time/voltage for switching on/off.
              Warren
              2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
              2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• pauld
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2010
                • Melbourne

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
                Yes you can. I always had my air-cond on and it was fine. Although I have just removed mine because it was de rating too much with the heat under the bonnet. I now run an intervolt ebi pro which allows you to programme custom time/voltage for switching on/off.
                Thanks for the confirmation. Mine will go under rear floor with batteries, which is where it is now in NP

Comment

• pauld
                  Valued Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by marquis View Post
                  Small wide input 12 to 15V step up connected to your +IGN

Encase in a small box filled with silicon - should cost like $10
                  Good thinking but my Redarc is an up to 40A unit.

Comment

• pauld
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2010
                    • Melbourne

Our fridge is only in car for weekends away and holidays. No big deal to drive with headlights during these times, in fact I often do anyway. I will earth to body and that way it may hold the voltage up if a strong charge going through main negative when 'smart' alternator decides to wind back voltage after x run time (20 min odd I believe).

Comment

• marquis
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Newcastle

Originally posted by pauld View Post
                      Good thinking but my Redarc is an up to 40A unit.
                      The 'blue' wire doesn't take much current...
                      --
                      Marquis
                      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

• cookie
                        • Feb 2008
                        • Perth

I've had my NW for about a month now and have been monitoring the alternator voltage to decide what to do about a dual battery system and I've found no difference with the lights or air con on/off. I just did a 2000k trip and did some experimenting whilt cruising on the highway turning the lights and A/C on/off and didn't seem to make any difference. The voltage varies from around 13.6 to 14.5 whilst cruising, changing frequently with no obvious reasoning, presumably based on engine load. Maximum voltage is whilst braking.
                        2014 NW GLX
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        Previously: 98 Challenger, 2 inch lift, koni shocks, ARB bullbar, Lightforce 240 Blitz, redarc dual battery sys, UHF, bushman fridge, Wrangler ATR's

Comment

• Dicko1
                          Valued Member
                          • Dec 2014
                          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by cookie View Post
                          I've had my NW for about a month now and have been monitoring the alternator voltage to decide what to do about a dual battery system and I've found no difference with the lights or air con on/off. I just did a 2000k trip and did some experimenting whilt cruising on the highway turning the lights and A/C on/off and didn't seem to make any difference. The voltage varies from around 13.6 to 14.5 whilst cruising, changing frequently with no obvious reasoning, presumably based on engine load. Maximum voltage is whilst braking.
                          Exactly as my 2014 NW does mate. You,ll have no problems with the redarc in the rear tub. I have the same set up but a 20amp redarc.

cheers
                          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• pauld
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2010
                            • Melbourne

Originally posted by marquis View Post
                            The 'blue' wire doesn't take much current...
                            Yep fair point, I had forgotten how the wiring was done.

Comment

• eucyblues
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Canberra

Originally posted by cookie View Post
                              I'm looking at this on the NX also - and based on my limited activity so far using an Ultragauge I have found the same results as cookie - I haven't seen the volts drop below 13 yet so it seems the std units with a 12.7v cutout should be fine for 99% of the time - I'm thinking I'll just put back my SBI12 instead of buying a DCDC unit..

-6m of 6B&S to the rear plus about 5m of 6mm2 (Jayco wire) to the van battery should still give me over 14V charge every time I go downhill
                              NX GLS
                              **************************************************
                              "Blessed are the cracked….For they are the ones who let in the light."

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X