• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cooperplace
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2010
    • adelaide

is it really quieter?

according to the press release, but they would say that.........
  • JoeMcDermott
    • Jun 2014
    • Gold Coast

Still waiting to hear from someone about this, but you'd hope it was quieter.

I moved to an NW from a Patrol that had a "free breathing" exhaust and 194,000 on the clock so the NW was a lot quieter than that, but since I have become used to it I find some of the noise intrusive.

Still, that will get better/worse once I fit a big bore exhaust to the NW as well!
    2014 NW with OL bar, 9,500lb winch, Bushskinz, TJM dual battery kit, UHF, Outback drawers, ARB compressor, MSA fridge slide with Evakool fridge, 55mm lift and rear airbags, water tank and pump.

Comment

• cooperplace
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2010
      • adelaide

any opinions from NX owners?

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Don't think we have any NX owners on yet. Have heard a few Mitsu employees that have driven the NX and they say it is quieter.
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• cooperplace
          Valued Member
          • Oct 2010
          • adelaide

that's good to hear; about my only complaint with our current Pajero is that it's not the quietest car. The older I get, the more noise is fatiguing on long trips.

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
            Valued Member
            • Nov 2000
            • Tasmania

Originally posted by cooperplace View Post
            that's good to hear; about my only complaint with our current Pajero is that it's not the quietest car. The older I get, the more noise is fatiguing on long trips.
            Agreed, one shouldnt even have these probems in this day & age, especially forking out $50-$60k for a vehicle. It aint 1970 anymore, IMO the Gen3 was badly designed in the first place.
            NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
            NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Fritterbug
              Valued Member
              • May 2013
              • Brisbane

Whenever I pull an interior panel out of the Pajero now I put in as much sound deadener as I can. I use AX-3687 from Jaycar at the moment. Mostly to make the panels feel solid and stop any little rattles as opposed to making it quieter but it would be helping a little there too.

It makes the plastic panels feel like inch think timber when you tap on them.

The NW Pajero does transmit more road noise into the cabin than the Prado so anything to help would be welcome. I don't notice it any more but it does make me think I won't ever fit a set of noisier tyres.
              MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• cooperplace
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2010
                • adelaide

I went to a lot of trouble to put extra sound absorbing material in our NS, but I don't think it made any difference. The big improvement was from getting rid of the b'stone 694s, which sounded like all the wheel bearings were shot, from new. Balancing, rotating, and playing with pressures made no difference. They were v noisy. The guys at b'stone said the 697 would be similar, so we fitted Kumho highway tyres which made a world of difference. It's still not quiet. Our mitsubishi magna, hardly a luxury car, has much less road and engine noise than the pajero.

Comment

• gringo
                  • Jun 2009
                  • Harrington Park (Sydney)

I Just picked up my "2015" exseed last week and IT is Mitch quieter than my np. The 18 inih tires dont brother me as I'm going to use the car for touring.the tire spec on the car is for 17 and 18 inch

Comment

• Rovingman
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Blue mountains

There must some real inconsistent stages in the assembly factory as my NT is very quiet, i see some peoples are extremely annoying and some are fine. I guess Another thing to look for when test driving find a bumpy road. What i have found the more i do the more noisy it gets.
                    Pajero NT RX 2011
                    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• gringo
                      • Jun 2009
                      • Harrington Park (Sydney)

I actually don't mined diesel motor noise.....my problem is mud tires (285-75-16) it's sounds like a 747 landing

Comment

• MTN-KAT
                        Valued Member
                        • Jun 2009
                        • Gold Coast

Originally posted by Ian Sharpe View Post
                        Agreed, one shouldnt even have these probems in this day & age, especially forking out $50-$60k for a vehicle. It aint 1970 anymore, IMO the Gen3 was badly designed in the first place.
                        Have to agree Ian....but then my 1972 cleveland 302 V8 engine/twin exhaust was worth listening to.
                        99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

• Fritterbug
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2013
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
                          There must some real inconsistent stages in the assembly factory as my NT is very quiet, i see some peoples are extremely annoying and some are fine. I guess Another thing to look for when test driving find a bumpy road. What i have found the more i do the more noisy it gets.

Did you notice if the car was quieter after fitting the rear drawers?
                          MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

• Rovingman
                            Valued Member
                            • Jan 2014
                            • Blue mountains

Did you notice if the car was quieter after fitting the rear drawers?

No not from the draws, but the fridge slide shits me, just after the under body protection which i just tightened up after the last service and the lift as i have not got my bar on. i reckon You tend to get a bit more noise through the mono chassis not so much absorption through the body.
                            Pajero NT RX 2011
                            Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                            LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• Faereag
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2009
                              • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
                              I have to agree Rovingman. I have a 3" exhaust fitted, but still my NT is very quiet; apart from at idle. It does not make too much difference, whether I fit the standard Bridgestone HT's or the Kuhmo 78 A/T's. Did 4400k's to Caboolture and back to Adelaide last month.

Never felt fatigued from the noise, or the seats.
                              Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X