PDA

View Full Version : sound deadener

zacc
25-11-08, 08:56 PM
hi all just want to know what every one uses as a sound deadener to put under the carpet? and at what cost? cheers

Pete & Mon's NS
25-11-08, 09:20 PM
Hi Zacc

There are a ton of options - just depends how much time or money you have. The cheaper, but time consuming and labour intensive (DIY) option is thicker / better carpet underlay / sound deadening material (remove all seats, pull up all carpet, and re-lay). If you have $ to burn, you can't go past what the doof-doof set use to deaden their bdy panels from noise and vibration - Dynamat. Ridiculously expenseive per roll, but well worth it. Again, you have to pull all the trim out, as this stuff woeks best on body panels such as doors, etc. No reason why you couldn't do the floor as well.

Or, do what I did - go down to local Supercheap, buy a 4L tin of body deadener (tar) for about $45 and paint / apply the tar to the entire underside and wheel arches really thick. Gets rid of some road noise, and as an added boonus is another protective coating between the car for rust-proofing.

Peter

bakerboy
25-11-08, 09:25 PM
hi all just want to know what every one uses as a sound deadener to put under the carpet? and at what cost? cheers

this is what i use to deaden road noise
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/bakerboy_89/paj/P1020881.jpg

seriously but i dont think its worth the $ seeing as its like $100 to do one door panel