beaky
02-09-08, 09:36 AM
does the NM have a clear coat over the paint? :dunno[1]:

mrbitchi
02-09-08, 09:55 AM
Mine doesn't.

gaz1
03-10-08, 04:47 PM
I thought that the metallic paints had a clear coat, the straight colours didn't. My silver one looks as though there's a clear coat on it.

Gaz

beaky
03-10-08, 09:03 PM
I thought that the metallic paints had a clear coat, the straight colours didn't. My silver one looks as though there's a clear coat on it.

Gaz

yes mine is silver and when I painted wind deflector it didnt look right til I clear coated it

adrianp
03-10-08, 10:31 PM

Gaz

yes, that's right

green monster
05-10-08, 04:30 PM
yes ,my green NM has clear coat, today i was up at Autopro pricing paint to spray the front right gaurd and my spare wheel cover ,,they confirmed the clear coat was required,
Also i have a 2m x 100mm tube on the roof rack (like the Telstra vans do) for the fishing rods etc, was thinking about painting that too, Autopro guys said "no probs" ,,will it look a bit wanky,,,or more kinda 'matched in' any thaughts ??
cheers cam

dolphin
05-10-08, 05:33 PM
yes, all metallic colours have a clear top coat, remember this when you do a touch up job must also use clear.