• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RG76
    • Feb 2013
    • Sydney

Sydney Trip (Meryla State Forest)

Hi all, I'm trying to organise a small trip to Meryla State forest. It's nothing technical although it does have a couple of good side tracks. Best part is its near Moss Vale and about an hour from Sydney. Let me know if you're keen and possible dates

Disclaimer:

"Subject to any insurance cover organised by the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria ["the Club"], the Club accepts no liability for any loss, damage or injury to persons or property arising directly or indirectly from attending any trips advertised on this web-site. Forum members and other accompanying persons undertaking these trips do so at their own risk and should make their own enquiries as to any insurance cover. Trip participants acknowledge that in the event of inappropriate behaviour, the designated Trip Leader is entitled to ask the offending person or persons to leave. It is acknowledged by Forum members and other trip participants that the Pajero 4WD Club & the Pajero Club Public Forum web-site provides a forum for trips as a community service, and, whilst every care is taken by the Trip Leader, is not intended to convey any responsibility for the trips themselves on the part of the Club"
    2015 MQ Triton GLS Manual, TJM XGS Suspension, TJM rear step/towbar, TJM Snorkel, Projecta Dual Battery, Bridgestone MT 674's...Eaton rear E-locker
  • chriso of penrith
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2013
    • emu plains

Im keen.

Comment

• picard
      Valued Member
      • May 2011
      • wollongong

Yes I am in for a day exploration, from the gong so it's just 50 mins up the road, possible dates maybe first weekend in July ?, most weekends are ok
      Cheers
      mods, bridgestone 694 LT 265/65, ulitmate suspension 2 in with poly airbags, side awning

Comment

• hoges 126
        • Mar 2013
        • The Hills District, Sydney

I'm interested if suitable for a fairly stock Challenger (AT's, Bash Plates). Have been out a few times since buying the Challenger two months ago but my 4WD experience to date is limited to beach driving, firetrails and some exploring of some basic-ish trails through NP/SF's. If it's cool to tag along the first two weekends in July look OK for me at the moment.

Cheers
        Dan
        2012 PB Challenger | White | Manual | Mickey Thompson STZ | Bushskinz x 3 | Rhino Aero Bar Track Mount System | ARB Awning | GME TX3340 & AE4018K2

Comment

• awbeattie381
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Inner West, Sydney

classic this thread should start just after I was looking at youtube videos of this area! I have driven around here only once, which basically involved driving as far down Meryla Road as possible, which ended up at a nice lookout.

Gunrock Creek Fire Trail looks like a pretty interesting track!

Pradopoint day trip to Meryla SF.http://www.pradopoint.com/showthread.php?21794-NSW-Saturday-August-27th-Meryla-State-Forest/page4Attendees were:Silver 90 V6...

I would love to attend, however have a couple of trips with the club in the next month and a bit. Would be struggling to make another trip!
          Andrew
          1989 NG Superwagon V6
          2017 Subaru Forester Diesel
          1974 Viscount Valiant Caravan

Comment

• RG76
            • Feb 2013
            • Sydney

Gents, I'm proposing Sunday 7th July???

I only have a basic setup too hoges (AT's & Bash plates) and its perfect. There are plenty of ruts and wheel swallowing holes but the worst ones always have a chicken track. Hopefully we can get a bit of moisture, the powerline track is an absolute hoot. Half the time was spent sideways trying to get out of the ruts, theres also a few water crossings to contend with.
            2015 MQ Triton GLS Manual, TJM XGS Suspension, TJM rear step/towbar, TJM Snorkel, Projecta Dual Battery, Bridgestone MT 674's...Eaton rear E-locker

Comment

• Bundyk
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2012
              • North Nowra

Balls! I am keen as well, but an overheating issue is stopping me from getting up the mountain from Nowra, and I wont have it fixed in time. Oh well, maybe next time.
              Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• chriso of penrith
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2013
                • emu plains

Originally posted by RG76 View Post
                Gents, I'm proposing Sunday 7th July???

I only have a basic setup too hoges (AT's & Bash plates) and its perfect. There are plenty of ruts and wheel swallowing holes but the worst ones always have a chicken track. Hopefully we can get a bit of moisture, the powerline track is an absolute hoot. Half the time was spent sideways trying to get out of the ruts, theres also a few water crossings to contend with.
                7th great.
                Pm me for conformation, phone number and meeting point.
                Cheers.

Comment

• Terryo
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

I'd be interested, 7th sounds good so far.
                  PM with details.

Terry
                  2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
                  NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
                  NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• picard
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2011
                    • wollongong

7 th sounds good, all we need is an approx time to meet and those who have UHF can we agree on a Chanel to use when we approach dest.
                    I haven't 4x4 exp. only dirt bikes at yawal but got to start somewhere.
                    mods, bridgestone 694 LT 265/65, ulitmate suspension 2 in with poly airbags, side awning

Comment

• chriso of penrith
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2013
                      • emu plains

Originally posted by picard View Post
                      7 th sounds good, all we need is an approx time to meet and those who have UHF can we agree on a Chanel to use when we approach dest.
                      I haven't 4x4 exp. only dirt bikes at yawal but got to start somewhere.
                      I got hand helds but not car mounter cb. Good for 500 mtrs

Comment

• picard
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2011
                        • wollongong

yeh crisso that will do

Comment

• chriso of penrith
                          Valued Member
                          • Apr 2013
                          • emu plains

Cool.
                          Im planing on geting the Dom 3 module from chip it. Hope i get it befor the 7th so i can test it out on the tracks.
                          Guys. Is this a blokes only pow wow or are the ear bashers and rug rats allowed to come

Comment

• picard
                            Valued Member
                            • May 2011
                            • wollongong

Originally posted by chriso of penrith View Post
                            Cool.
                            Im planing on geting the Dom 3 module from chip it. Hope i get it befor the 7th so i can test it out on the tracks.
                            Guys. Is this a blokes only pow wow or are the ear bashers and rug rats allowed to come
                            I am bring my "billylid" only cause the misses is away he will love it anyway

Comment

• RG76
                              • Feb 2013
                              • Sydney

Hi all, I'm happy for anyone and all to attend. If my handbrake and kids want to tag along I'm happy to bring them, the Minister of Leisure & Finance has already been told and has approved the outing .
                              I've tried posting photos of my last venture out there but the files are too big, I'll work out how to shrink them beforehand.

Another good map to grab is the Bundanoon 1:25000 topo, I've been told this one covers the fire trails. Its looking like we might have a bit of a turnout.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X